Video of Biles doing an arabian on beam

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I almost wonder if she has learned arabian entries more thoroughly as a result of having to explore twisting technique more, mentally

It kind of looks like she just throws herself into the Arabian. I just went to look up Lobaz’s Arabians for comparison (especially when she was known for being so hesitant before the skill) and there’s a marked difference in the set.

I mean, she can do a standing layout. Anyone with that level of talent in their legs can toss themselves backwards and do an arabian.

IMO, unless you’re landing it like Nia Dennis, a solo arabian on its own isn’t really worth doing anymore unless you do it from a BHS. I’ve noticed that we don’t see as many of them anymore as we used to.

How many bhs- Arabians did we see at all? I would have loved for vika to do one, but as it stands? Lobazniuk? That American girl whose name i forget in 2001? Who else?

You know, I just saw video of a BHS arabian from a lesser-known gymnast the other day, and I can’t remember for the life of me who it was. There’s a couple out there…

that American girl whose name i forget in 2001? Who else?
Rachel Tidd… A few other U.S. gymnasts have attempted / competed the back handspring - Arabian series over the years including Alicia Sacramone and Susan Jackson. I think Xiao Tingting (the Chinese gymnast who performed Tkatchev - Gienger, straddled Jaeger, and Comaneci in the same uneven bars routine) also did this combination.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back