US Nationals 2022 Senior Women Day 2

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh, for sure. Not exactly sure of the FIG allowed range in the new code, I haven’t read that section yet. But up to a point is understandable when a routine is being so heavily deducted and there are so many possible judgement calls, flexed foot moments, and bent-kneed skills.

Not exactly sure of the FIG allowed range in the new code, I haven’t read that section yet.
I don’t think they’ve changed them since the last Code. Not yet anyway.

They’ve also not updated the public helpdesk. I know there was a series of powerpoint slides when they did the judges course but (like many things that would be useful to disclose) they were never publicly released on the FIG website.

Last edited:
I think another factor is that handstand positions are actually judged now and were certainly less of a priority (or even overlooked completely, in the case of pirouetting elements) in prior decades. Gymnasts like Suni Lee see to be casting to handstand with a slightly wider grip for stability for the handstand, and then narrowing their grip to get more speed on the downswing for a release move or giant.

When is it? Will videos be posted do we think?

Last edited:
When is it? Will videos be posted do we think?
The weekend before Worlds. The US team will leave right from selection camp.
Unlikely to have videos as I am sure it will be posted on the Flip channel that is partnered with USAG.

Well how about that!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back