US Classic to have WAG and MAG!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I wonder if she went to CGA because MLT is very outwardly religious. She is listed as going to a Christian High School.

Weirdly enough, the high school she is listed as attending is in her hometown of Monroe, LA.

Neteg are very chucky, Roberson always looks like she is on a death wish on vault. She is the same, oddles of talent poor basics. She needs to fix her bars, poor flexibility and bent knees and feet. At least Ella Kate has made the effort to move and improve. I hope WOGA brings her basics up to scratch she has the potential to be a lovely gymnast.

I think all the chucking is a result of pulling Roberson and Parker out of the levels program to focus exclusively on Hopes when they were so young. One, there’s no reason for a 10 year old to be focused solely on elite. Two, I firmly believe because the developmental program still uses the 10.0, it rewards gymnasts for excellent form and basics. But NETEG is so damn focused on pushing kids hopes/elite that they are really doing their athletes a disservice.

(Never mind that I find it unconscionable that USAG even has a Hopes division for 11-12 year olds. At least they dropped the 10 year olds from Hopes. TEN!)

What value was there in having Roberson chuck nasty FTY during her age 12 season as a Hopes gymnast?

That gym needs a damn bars coach, too.

I wish USAG would get rid of the Hopes program, or at least only offer it for 13-14 year olds and focused more on execution. I wish kids had to be successful level 10s before testing hopes/elite. I wish FIG junior elite rules were used for USAG meets.

Is Ella Kate the gymnast who vaulted with her leo in her mouth earlier this year?

Hopes are tonight. Do I fork over the money for FlipNow to watch? I’m bored out of my mind because I’m quarantined in our guest room due to a positive Covid test. Grrrrr. (I’m fine. Only tested because my mom was coming but now we’ve rescheduled)

Sorry to hear that. Hope you stay symptom-free or mild symptoms only.

I’d say treat yourself to FlipNow, especially given the circumstances. With classics and nationals so soon it’s a good time to sign up.

Tested positive Sunday, no symptoms so far. Fingers crossed.

Ignoring the fact that I would have had to cancel because of covid, I’m glad I decided not to go to Classics/visit my brother who lives in Salt Lake. Katelyn Jong has withdrawn. I think we’re down to 13 seniors competing.

Reese Esponda is a Montana girl. I think she’s the most successful gymnast from montana.

Attachments

• 61408A2C-F4ED-4A01-BD5D-D4DC266D9448.jpg
    61408A2C-F4ED-4A01-BD5D-D4DC266D9448.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 8
Leanne wants to do AA this weekend and is working on two vaults, the DTY and the Pod. Doesn’t say whether she’s planning to do it tomorrow. I hope she does, she could probably make a world final with those vaults. With no Simone or Russia now is a good time.

Senior women podium training is about to get started. Streaming on youtube

Last edited:
Still no start lists, so I’ll be guessing who is in what group. Looks like 2 events going at a time, given the very depleted senior field.

Vault: GAGE, Midwest, NETEG, Ascend, Airborne

Bars: WOGA, TCT, Prestige, Everest, Brand Johnson Global

Apologies for typos, I’m doing this on my phone because I have the stream on my laptop

Wong: scrappy DTY

Fatta: hit bar routine

Roberson: crashed DTY twice; 2nd vault of RO 1/2 layout full off(!)

Jones: DTY, twisting a bitt early on the table

Jung: her bars transitions are scary (better second time)

Alipio: sat 1.5Y every time

Rosen: fall first bar routine, hit second. Scrappy double lay

Pierson: lovely lines on bars

Matthews: FTY

Little: can’t seem to get through bar routine

Booth: hit bars.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back