Triple Back UB dismounts

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The Magaña is a G. Shantessa Pama has competed the skill. Boginskaya trained it in her junior days. Komova also trained and was over-rotating the skill.

Svetlana Kozlova first competed it in 1988.

Last edited:
Do we think a G adequately reflects its difficulty (especially that it seems impossible to do without some pretty severe bent knee taps).

I think it could be an H. Kalmykova manages without serve bent knee taps! I wouldn’t deduct hers at all.

Here’s Vika’s. The height is outrageous. She rotates two flips above the high bar

Put this in the “Double Double Beam Dismount” bucket of “we don’t want to watch hard dismounts through our fingers so we are going to intentionally undervalue them”.

I actually feel the same way about Triple Full beam dismounts. I rarely enjoy watching them.

Last edited:
Perhaps with the new height developments on UB we’ll see more Magañas and Rays!

Feast your eyes on these triples, Dougy. Nothing beats a stuck triple for me. Give me that over a full-in.

Last edited:
Stuck triple twists on beam are one thing if they’re actually fully rotated. They’re usually still a bit messy, but the inherent acrobatic ability it takes to get all three twists round generally cancels that out for me. Most of them aren’t though. Even in that video above, loads of them are short. I don’t think the same issue applies with salto dismounts, because if you can’t reliably get the rotations in there, you’re going to fall. There isn’t the same potential for cheated double doubles off beam. That’s not the sort of skill a gymnast will be throwing unless she has full mastery of it.

How the hell isn’t Iordache on this video? Hers was a thing of beauty specially when she was young and the legs weren’t all that crossedl.

Maybe MostepanovaFan wasn’t familiar yet with Iordache when she made the vid in 2009, though yes looking up vid now, Iordache’s triple full in 2009 was excellent

MostepanovaFan’s vids of all the elements and their difficulty values for the 2009 CoP was a great education to me. Also enjoyed the vids of MunchTheSilivasFan, her sis

Li Qi’s triple <333

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back