Simone Biles Rising (Netflix)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Nellie is Ron’s 2nd wife. His first wife was Simone’s biological grandmother
I’ve always been surprised that we’ve never heard anything about her biological grandma, very little about her bio mom, and nothing about her dad. Remember when Michael Phelps dad suddenly reappeared after his success? I totally thought that would happen with Simone.

Given that Ron was raising his young daughter alone when he met Nellie, I think it's safe to say that his first wife has long been out of the picture for whatever reason.

As for Simone's biological father..... I wouldn't been surprised if Simone had no idea who he was because her biological mother isn't sure who he is. And therefore he has no idea he's the biological father of Simone Biles.

Netflix filmed and is currently filming in Paris for Parts 3 and 4.

Also, it is possible that Simone's biological mother (Shannon?) might have signed away any rights to contact in the future without Ron or court permission.

Of course after I post I found an article that mentions Simone's biological father. So his identity is known, but seems he has zero relationship with her.

My husband and I both have aunts and uncles who ended up raising their grandchildren or even adopted their grandchildren. A sadly common story. Drugs are involved every single time.

Of course after I post I found an article that mentions Simone's biological father. So his identity is known, but seems he has zero relationship with her.

My husband and I both have aunts and uncles who ended up raising their grandchildren or even adopted their grandchildren. A sadly common story. Drugs are involved every single time.
My grandmother raised my cousin's son, her great-grandson, from his birth until he was around 12 years old.

I thought the hair focus in episode 2 was so odd and forced. Straight ponytails are racist now, apparently. How else are people supposed to wear their hair in this sport? Never mind the slew of short perms from the 80s. Or the feathery pixie cuts of the 90s. Oe Martha’s insistence on the girls keeping their natural curls if they had them. Or the fact that Gabby got the brunt of the hair criticism, and that it came from the Black community.

Just…odd.

Well, credit to Simone's birth parents for not cashing in on her fame in a trashy way like so many celeb relatives seem to do. (Didn't Gabby's dad come out of the woodwork around Olympics time?)

Drugs, jail, or mental illness. And often a combination.

My nephew is 19 but was raised by my mom and dad--and then when my mom died, my dad and my stepmother. My nephew's mom was always sort of on the periphery due to health concerns and my brother was... let's say, indisposed. My nephew has never really known anything different.

And in my nephew's high school class there were three or four other kids who were in a similar situation--being raised by their aunt and uncle, or grandparents. It is really sad, but I'm happy that these kids had someone who stepped up for them.

It's cliche and all, but it really is true that love is more important in determining what makes a family, rather than titles.

I coach kids in gymnastics and we've had plenty who are being raised by grandparents or other family.

My brother in law was raised by his biological grandparents and didn't know it until he was an adult. The person he grew up with as his older sister actually gave birth to him as a teenager. His parents did a wonderful thing raising him when she couldn't, but I'd recommend not keeping it a secret.

My kids have 3 technical uncles and they have never done anything for them. Very distant. Then I have good friends they call Uncle who are around, buy gifts, attend birthdays ... I've also had to have the talk with my kids and kids of my friends, there are two types of family. Family by birth and family by love.

IMG_1610.jpeg

I love Nellie. I don’t think she has any biological children, and probably didn’t envisage raising children when she married Ron. She is an amazing woman.
I know I am late (haven't read this discussion until now).
But Ron Jr. and Adam are Nellie's biological sons.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back