Russian WAG Olympic Team

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I love Nabieva!
But come on, her cheng is more like a khorkina II.

She keeps training just for fun, she is not even on the national team Roster. Imo, she is completely out of contention.

I know that Cheng isn’t close to being landed or form lol. She does get nice repulsion off the table though. I’m not truly considering her for Tokyo, but it would be badass of her if she got herself into shape.

no clue what I did to be green

Last edited:
Is it just me or did Nabz clean up her preflight? I remain hopeful that after a slew of avoidable injuries and mysterious illnesses, Tanya will be wheeled out to anchor the vault rotation in Tokyo, claiming team bronze once more.

Last edited:
A couple of months ago she was doing some very aggressive toe-ons on the high bar (facing the low bar) so it seemed like she was playing around with it when we last saw her in training.

I really do think if Nabs took training seriously she might have been in the conversation she could probably still chuck an Amanar without any serious training. I’m pretty sure Paseka probably is regretting that she stopped training as Russia got the two slots to Tokyo.

This makes me nostalgic for the announcement Musty, Komova, Afan, and Paseka were in for Rio. It’s a loss to the sport the Rodionenkos wasted so much talent; those 4 alone were strong enough at their best to fight any pre-'15 U.S. team. It makes me angry Komova and Afan stuck it out an entire quad for 1 Worlds; even more that Afan peaked / threw Amanars for nothing and Komova couldn’t compete her Euro Games FX in Glasgow for an AA medal.

Nab’s career was a bust. She could’ve had 1 of the best D scores on bars by London if she’d put her In-bars, Nabieva+Pak, Shap+Uprise 1/1, etc., into a consistent, difficult program. If she’d focused on VT/UB post-Rotterdam, she should’ve been able to clean up the Amanar/Khorkintosh or learn a Cheng. Paseka becoming a 1-event gymnast was also a crime. She had a huge Markelov as a Jr., and on FX, she had great presentation + competed Full-In, ADF, DLO, and x2 Whip > 3/1 '10 - '15. While she did decently in 2015 TF on UB/FX, she should’ve been able to handle more in D, if not then, by Rio.

If this group makes it to Tokyo, it’ll be great to see how they do. Listunova + Urazova have great, well-rounded AA programs. Melnikova’s choices haven’t impressed me; VT/UB have remained the same, while BB/FX have been so scaled back from the days of her Barani, 2-ft LO, Full-in DMT, etc. Even on FX, she couldn’t keep x2 Whip > DBL Back?

Rooting for Minaeva as a +1 and to produce a competitive UB set without sacrificing the great composition she has. Ilyankova had Shap+Uprise 1/2+Ezhova for a bit, but the COP is lagging by not awarding any CV/SB for the latter 2 skills. Uprise 1/2 to el should be bumped to D and/or +.10 SB awarded to D+C+D (2 skills w/ flight). It’ll be a shame to see it inevitably evolve to a set with less flow.

Sounds like the Olympic Training squad

Along with the 3 locks.

So one will be on the main team, two as +1, and the other alternate/out of luck

Surprised they aren’t taking Akhaimova I wonder if she is still injured.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back