Paris EF schedule

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So about $700 equivalency. Expensive, but I have seen professional sports games get more.

Expensive, but also, expected at this point, no?

I mean, I’ve paid some rather stupid amounts of money for sports events. To be honest, I kinda expected Olympics to be worse than $700.

Reactions: Dex
Women’s team finals and all-around are sold out now and my slot literally just opened. I decided to go with men’s team finals because I don’t plan on staying through event finals.

Last edited:
The 2 events I wanted are not on sale yet. Any idea why some sports are not available yet?

Still have not been given a time slot, I did get a chance for quals, but knew I could not do both. But based on the pricing, it is just too much money to see one session.

Reactions: Bob
Rhythmic gymnastics? It seems like the women’s finals for all gymnastics disciplines are sold out, even trampoline… Actually, trampoline is also now completely sold out. Tickets for the men were available at 3:00 am Central time, but they’re gone now.

Last edited:
RG has not been on sale yet. Neither has artistic swimming.

Unless every single RG event sold out before any of the WAG events did.

Last edited:
Is it in the same arena or in a smaller one?

Rhythmic will be at Arena Porte de la Chapelle, which will hold 8,000. Artistic and trampoline are in Bercy Arena (otherwise known as Accor Arena, but the Olympics prohibits naming rights on Olympic venues), which has a capacity of 15,000+.

I did get a slot today. These prices are insane. As has been said, gymnastics is not even an option anymore. Wanted to try athletics as there’s a good chance someone I know will be competing. € 980,- for 3,5 hours in the arena. I’ll watch on tv

I did get a slot today. These prices are insane. As has been said, gymnastics is not even an option anymore. Wanted to try athletics as there’s a good chance someone I know will be competing. € 980,- for 3,5 hours in the arena. I’ll watch on tv
It’s interesting how quickly many events that are not even popular sports have sold out because the last few years the narrative surrounding the Olympic Games has been struggling in the digital age, doesn’t attract gen z, too expensive etc.

But that doesn’t appear to be the case

It’s interesting how quickly many events that are not even popular sports have sold out because the last few years the narrative surrounding the Olympic Games has been struggling in the digital age, doesn’t attract gen z, too expensive etc.

But that doesn’t appear to be the case
I wonder if no audience at the last summer Olympics is a factor.
Last time anyone could attend in person would be 8 years.

I think also accessibility is a big factor. Paris has more direct flights to international destinations than any other city in the world. Plus a lot of people will want to ticket Paris off their bucket list as much as they want to tick the Olympics off it

there’s also a huge pent-up demand to travel. I worked with a travel agent to book a trip to Germany this fall and he said he’s never seen so much demand in Europe. Hotels fill up the days rooms become available in some places.

It sounds like there are a lot of factors. Maybe Europeans are more likely to go to stuff like this. Tokyo obviously was an anomaly, and Rio doesn’t have anything like as large a population of fairly affluent people within a couple of hours travel. It was a schlep for most of the big tourist markets.

Paris on the other hand ticks pretty much every box. Well connected, bucket list destination but equally somewhere a lot of people will already be familiar with, accessible for a lot of populations who have means to travel. Also most countries in Europe had covid lockdowns for a long time and there’s definitely still an element of FOMO with some of us.

Don’t they also reserve huge blocks of seats at the primo events to give to sponsors?

They have some, but that’s nothing new.

This is the first time there has been a global online sale of Olympics tickets, so that could be a factor too.

I’m sad it’s so close to me - I can fly direct from an airport 10 mins from my house but the ticket availability and prices put it out of range.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back