F*** You, NBC. (The penultimate thread with schedules that make sense and how to watch)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I guess what really happened is there are cameras on every event so all the routines are recorded, but NBC decided not to use multi-view appartus feeds for men’s qualifications. The USA tracker feed is just a feed that goes to any match, race, and event US athletes are competing in, but the format of gymnastics caused the US gymnasts to not always be covered because there are six appartuses going on at the same time.

Last edited:
Their choices of what to show were strange then.

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

I guess the theory is that any country could use the main feed and have a chance to see a gymnast from their country. It’s at the expense of covering the best, though.

Last edited:
I get it. But is a family in Czechoslovakia watching NBC.

Last edited:
It’s not NBC producing that feed, though. They’re just reusing the IOC feed.

I think NBC is only producing feeds for the ones they deem “important” – the finals, qualis with the US, and maybe the women’s qualis session with Russia and China.

All the women’s subdivisions are getting multi-view apparatus feeds on NBC Olympics. It seems like NBC deliberately gave the men the shaft.

And now I have an authentication error on the NBC sports app. (And yes I deleted it and signed back in) Fuck you again, NBC,

If you have a VPN and don’t want to deal with the NBC trio, both CBC (Canada) and 7 Olympics (Australia) offer good alternatives. CBC is the better choice because you don’t need to sign up to watch. Channel 7 needs you to make a free 7+ account.

CBC’s schedule intimates there will be a multicam:

Channel 7 can’t be bothered to announce their plans, but apparently they had a multicam for the men yesterday (I couldn’t find it; maybe it was only on the app).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back