Paris Closing Ceremonies

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Passion

Reaction score
They’re live now!

I missed the first fifteen minutes because I forgot it started at 3 sitting here talking about Romania lol. Just did a mad scramble to get peacock up and running.

No boats, it’s in a stadium.

I don’t know who’s commentating. Sounds like Mike Tirico. There’s another guy and girl with him but it doesn’t sound like Peyton Manning or Kelly Clarkson from the opening ceremony.

Watching BBC coverage. Hazel Irvine and Andrew Cotter are just wonderful. They are just having a brilliant time

I just tuned in so backed it up a bit. Terry, Johnny and Tara have been the commentators on Peacock.

Oh and apparently some bits with Mike Tirico and Jimmy Fallon

jimmy Fallon asked Katie Ledeci if she’s going to fly or swim home from Paris…I am dying of second hand embarrassment.

Fallon bringing the dad jokes to Paris.

jimmy Fallon asked Katie Ledeci if she’s going to fly or swim home from Paris…I am dying of second hand embarrassment.
And then she couldn't even hear them because geez, none of these "on-the-spot" interviews have been any good. They interviewed one of the women's soccer players and I swear it was word salad. And then the interview with the men's 4x100, like what did they think they were going to get out of them? Yeah, Joe over there fucked it up for us, we all suck, throw us out of the country? I don't know what kind of deep thoughts they are going to have when they haven't even processed the moment and yet they keep doing it, year after year.

Yeah, karaoke only really works if everyone knows the words at least a little. Break out some Gangnam Style.

ETA: Okay, We Are the Champions is a good other choice.

Did Simone stay for the closing ceremonies? I figured the camera would have showed her but I've been kinda fast forwarding to get back to live.

Did Simone stay for the closing ceremonies? I figured the camera would have showed her but I've been kinda fast forwarding to get back to live.
She’s watching but not participating it seems
IMG_6389.png

Tara, lecture voice is not your best voice.

do the athletes get seats out on the floor or moved to the sides? I am sitting here on my sofa eating pickles and having a coke and can't imagine having to stand for this. ETA: also why is SLOW the default speed for damn near everything with these ceremonies...

Tara, lecture voice is not your best voice.

do the athletes get seats out on the floor or moved to the sides? I am sitting here on my sofa eating pickles and having a coke and can't imagine having to stand for this. ETA: also why is SLOW the default speed for damn near everything with these ceremonies...
It is realllllly slow. Like the stuff is cool but boy do they drag it out. I don't need to see the person in a costume walk for 64 seconds before putting the flag in the ground.

Edit: at least this is better breakdancing than we saw in the breaking competitions :D

If LA has to pay scale for the entertainers, I'm betting the show will be shorter and less huge. More animatronics probably.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back