Pan Am Meet 2021 (Olympic Qualifier)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Gutting, terrible timing. It was wonderful to see her do the Stuttgart double live in 07 and 19 and I hope she’ll compete again. I was quite looking forward to a multi-way Brazilian tussle for Olympic qualifications tomorrow. Mind you that’s only because I have no massive emotional investment, going to be mighty stressful for those that do. Euros qualification day wrecked me.

Last edited:
Sorry for asking a stupid question again but IG and olympics.com are posting that Rebecca is heading to the olympics… Is it a nominative place for WAG and a federation decision for MAG … I guess I’m confused why Paul Juda isn’t automatically going for the US since he won the place for the USA yet Rebeca is named for doing the same thing… any help would be greatly appreciated!

It depends on if the country has qualified a full team. If the country has qualified a full team to the Olympics, then the spot is non-nominative. If the country did not qualify a full team (for that side of the competition), then the spot is nominative.

The US men are qualified as a team, so the spot Paul Juda earned is non-nominative and can go to anyone the federation names (and that will almost certainly not be Paul Juda). The Brazilian women did not earn a team spot, so Rebecca’s spot is nominative and if she declines it will go to the next person on the list from the Pan Ams qualifying event, not to the Brazilian federation.

thank you so much and that makes sense why Larisa was named as well!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back