Pan Am Meet 2021 (Olympic Qualifier)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She has competed at Gymnix before so somewhat of an international meet and she is slated to compete at the Doha World Cup in June on UB/BB/FX.

She’s of course going to want a G for this. I don’t think it should. I understand that the Tucked version is still an E, right?

It’s a bit sketchy to me, she doesn’t complete the second salto and then half out she starts twisting in the second salto.
It’s more of a half in half out piked IMO. But definitely cool to see and something different.

Rich, a double arabian half out IS a half in half out.

If you’re thinking of a Carly Patterson / Chuso type skill, I would NOT consider that a half in half out. It’s a full twisting double back.

Reactions: MRR
To me, she doesn’t finish the second salto before twisting out. I am thinking more about the North Korean gymnast who did it in tuck. It was a late twist out.
I would prefer the pike salto finished before the twist rather than twisting in the pike.

I think it’s fine. It’s a Barani out. The second salto is initiated forwards.

But IMO it should still be an F. That doesn’t mean that I think it’s 0.2 easier than a Silivas. But that’s more an issue with the Silivas than an issue here.

#gymgasm

Last edited:
Is PanAms day 1: team and AA and day 2: all EFs? I guess it makes sense to compress it as much as possible…

Have we got rosters etc yet? I know who isn’t there, but not who is. Other than Brazil obv.

Sometimes I wish, when I see this kind of gymnastics, that the symbolism of the 10 was available to judges. I can see it’s not a perfect vault, but it’s so beautiful. There’s a video from another angle which shows the flair out before she lands too.

Someone tell her to get rid of one of her D tumbles. Maybe they’re being extra cautious in the event that her turns are downgraded, but she’s just losing unnecessary tenths with the 8 D skills and the front 1.0 stepout C skill.

Don’t forget Jones’ DTY too! She has great style on that vault. Best lines on the US team too.

Last edited:
She’s going for 5.9. I’d credit 5.7 - no Gogean no switch full.

FYI an easy way to calculate D Score is to start at 4.4 (assuming 8 Cs and all requirements met) and add bonus tenths for D (0.1), E (0.2) etc… and then add CV and SB on top. Kinda bringing it back to 01-04 Code. You can kinda do it on your fingers if you’re watching without pen and paper.

Of course, it’s not foolproof. Many elite routines don’t count 8 Cs (and count one or more B’s). Many routines count 9 D+ so you must watch out for not over counting “bonus”. Downgrades can mess it up because you might repeat a skill. You have to be careful of the 3 root Max rules on bars. And you must always count the dismount (even if they have 8 Ds already, for example). But for stock routines it’s a quick and dirty way of doing it.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back