Olympic Opening Ceremony

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

We're on the Es now so the USA will be coming up soon (Les États-Unis).

Really pushing the boundaries of family friendly with some of the entertainment so far. Might have to screen some of it for the kids later. Otherwise loving it. Its very unique. Sucks it's raining.

Really pushing the boundaries of family friendly with some of the entertainment so far. Might have to screen some of it for the kids later. Otherwise loving it. Its very unique. Sucks it's raining.
Yeah, I noticed that prerecorded scene with the guys about to have sex.

I'm getting seasick just watching some of the boats.

Why is the NBC camera behind a fountain? I thought it was really pouring but nope, just a terrible camera location.

Actually having the parade of nations split up throughout the whole ceremony is a terrific idea. Makes it so much more palatable, and a lot of fun
Agreed. The March of the Nations can be a little boring and a lot of people will tune out, especially since it generally comes after all the fun parts of the ceremony. This way, all the nations get their moment.

I'm now wishing Monsieur Nov was performing. If you haven't listened to his music, definitely should. French R&B at its finest.

Wait, so there were no rehearsals for the opening ceremony?

The Kiwis coming in made me realize I completely missed Australia at the beginning.

My 9 year old is outraged that they’re showing the number for how many athletes are in the delegation for some countries but not all the countries. This is what she’s most interested in apparently lol.

I don't remember seeing Australia. Did NBC skip them?
That would be weird given the pre-show went into the USA-AUS rivalry in swimming.

Edit: Just looked it up, Australia will be coming in third from last. So before the USA and France, I'm assuming because they'll have the Games in 2032.

We're near the end of the parade of nations so Australia, USA, and France will be coming in soon

Oh wow, the stats about Ukraine's athletes are sobering. 3000 athletes joined the armed forces and 400 have been killed. Ukraine has sent the smallest number of athletes to the Olympics since 1996.

I thought Australia would get its own boat, but they're sharing with the Z nations

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back