MyKayla Skinner Olympic participation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I cannot think of a swifter morale recovery for 2020-2021 than Victoria Moors coming out of nowhere to (rightfully) troll Skinner. It’s like an inverse Khorkina interview.

I hope Moors gets in her head and this escalates, because an adult athlete’s parents flaming platforms with “never was and is not now as good of a gymnast as Mykayla” is absurd, and quite the projection.

Last edited:
Skinner can call herself an Olympian till she’s blue in the face, but only one of them can say they actually competed in the Olympics lol

Is that a recent comment thread? I feel like I saw that ages ago (aka the middle of last quad).

It’s also just endlessly amusing that a skill that hasn’t been done yet because it’s hard can be “stolen”. You can be justifiably annoyed if you come up with something creative and someone copies and then beats you to a qualifying competition. When the skill in question is a natural progression of something already existing, the whole reason the naming exists is because someone took the risk to do it somewhere that matters.

I cannot think of a swifter morale recovery for 2020-2021 than Victoria Moors coming out of nowhere to (rightfully) troll Skinner. It’s like an inverse Khorkina interview.

I hope Moors gets in her head and this escalates, because an adult athlete’s parents flaming platforms with “never was and is not now as good of a gymnast as Mykayla” is absurd, and quite the projection.
Why on earth do you want to punish Mykayla for her father’s words? For all you know, this is unsettling for her, too. And even if she did support it, how does that support “morale recovery”?

This kind of stuff is all just disappointing. I don’t see how anyone can enjoy it.

Last edited:
I feel a lot worse for Olga Mostepanova who competed the “Onodi” at 1983 Worlds when Henrietta Onodi was 9 years old. Yet Henrietta claims the skill almost a decade later

I feel a lot worse for Olga Mostepanova who competed the “Onodi” at 1983 Worlds when Henrietta Onodi was 9 years old. Yet Henrietta claims the skill almost a decade later
Yeah but Onodi has always credited Mostepanova in fact they called it the Mostie in her gym and was shocked when the USSR never submitted it. Mostepanova also said that other soviets were doing it before her

I wonder if we’d know any of those Soviets. Ilienko was also from Dinamo Moscow gym, like Mostepanova, and an Onodi would look beautiful on her.

Also, that’s quite shit from Skinner’s dad. The omission ab Forster wanting Skinner for Worlds, but likely not Olympics, is very interesting and explains a lot

Last edited:
I mean like father like daughter?

Some of the stuff she has said/posted to social media in the past has always come across as being a victim, whether it was not getting placed on the Rio team/blamed Gabby or whether it was her NCAA career, or whether it was making excuses for her husband getting and giving her Covid, she has always cried when she did not achieve something/ rallies around her social media supporters. She has a constant need to feel validated.

Clearly based on the verified Cris Skinner account, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.But when you are raised a certain way, that is generally how you are going to act unless you figured it out early on.

Meh, she isn’t going to be on the team.

That Cheng is so low she looks like she is going to smash her head into the horse. That Amanar is completely out of control.

Last edited:
The Cheng looks improved in that it is far less cheated. But it is crazy low–I too thought she looked close to hitting the table. The Amanar is seemingly bigger than it was ever before? Still uncontrolled and that block isn’t strong. Would rather see her DTY but her back is against a wall; it’s a metaphor that she’s bound to crash into her gym wall.

It’s like she goes in slow motion over the table.

Ok so the L hop 1/1 on floor is a C (1.312)

At 13:40 here, I would credit, but she is skating on thin ice:

It’s a requirement for the “free leg [to be] extended above horizontal throughout”

I wasn’t sure what the downgrade option for this was, but 1.212 says it’s a B with half turn.

I’m surprised we don’t see the less flexible gymnasts perform this instead of a switch leap. Or the stretched hop full (1.210 - B) or even the cat leap (1.111 - A). Surely less deductions, and most people don’t count their switch leap anyway.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back