Mikhail Voronin Cup

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did the announcers discuss Vlada going out? Duolingo hasn’t covered “going out of bounds” yet

Urazova’s BB was very pausey; but on the upside that meant I got lots of time to admire the coloured waves at the top of the arena.

:vt: 14.0
DTY - 5.0
E - 9.0

Normally I don’t take for a pike-down but this was a struggle compared to her normal.

I don’t care about the second vault. Based on what they did at Euros, this might have gotten the Gadirova pike downgrade. She was at full pike almost 90 at the hips before she was even horizontal.

:ub: 14.2

ED1D1E1DD1DD1+2 = 6.1
E - 8.1

🇧🇧 14.2

DC1E1D2DDDE+2 = 5.9
E - 8.3 (Artistry 2)

Surprised myself with how high that is. She’s very clean. Her leaps are perfect.

:fx: 13.4

FD(no turn connection)DC(downgrade to Switch Half - but prob only cos I saw the screenshot)CD1ED+2 = 5.6
E - 7.8 (Artistry 2)
On floor, I’d credit her opening combo a double turn + single turn B+A no CV.
I gave the Double L but not the Double Reverse turn.
Would credit Memmel, but followed by a half illusion for no CV.
I gave the Illusion and took a tenth for precision, although I take your point. AFAIK the D Panel gave all of them in Liverpool even worse ones than that!

All Around = 55.0

IMO this would have been a comfortable third behind Shilese but ahead of Gadirova in Liverpool.

Last edited:
Listunova
(8.8), 8.7 (she was the best uneven bars worker in the world this year), missed BB mount so didn’t score. The switch 1/2 is new, huh? Good addition. Missed her mount on floor and didn’t score.

Urazova
9.2 (7.8), BB 7.7 no credit for free walkover + split jump because of the delayed knee bend. I will miss the Onodi. FX 7.6. She hops mid Gomez so I’d credit double turn + double turn for .1 CV. The double L turn is really borderline after but I don’t think I’d credit it – the subsequent double turn would be a repeated element per my eval
So we don’t have full AA sets for the other two.

For what it’s worth:

Listunova:

:vt: 8.9 for her Piked Pod
:ub: 8.4 lovely
🇧🇧 Mount not in the video but I had a 6.8(A2) not including any deductions on the mount.
:fx: I had to piece this together from two videos (the Silivas Mount is here). Based on the first video (no mount) I had an 8.8(A1). But that Silivas has 0.1 legs, 0.3 chest and 0.3 step. So with an extra 7 tenths I have an 8.1 E.

Urazova:

:vt: I had a 9.2 for the Y1.5
:ub: Can’t find a video.
🇧🇧 I had a 7.9 (A2)
:fx: I had an 8.2 (A2) I wouldn’t credit the Split 1/1 or the Double L. I would credit the Quad though. Looks like me and you really differ on the E Score !

Last edited:
Did you miss the hop mid Gomez? Look at her foot position relative to the chalk bin behind her.

Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 1.01.25 PM

Also, the arm position is bad

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 1.01.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 1.01.03 PM.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 5
I still hate that rule. The top 24 should be the true top 24. I thought it was a wonderful moment when Romania swept the AA. The best should be rewarded. That is truly what is fair.

I still hate that rule. The top 24 should be the true top 24. I thought it was a wonderful moment when Romania swept the AA. The best should be rewarded. That is truly what is fair.
I would love if there were no 2per rule but if nothing else, I wish it would go back to 3per but I know I’m preaching to the choir

I think they should allow the top 24 to compete with no country limits and then add in more until you get the “top 24” with 2pc limits. The number can change at every meet.

Bring back 36 in AA final and 3 per! I will die on this hill.
FIG will never do this. The reason to move to 24 AAers was to shorten the length of the meet and make it more manageable for TV broadcasts, which also impacted the random draw to now seeded placements so it is easier for the TV broadcast to stay with the favorites.

They tried to go to 32 AAers with 3 per country in 2001, in 2 sessions of 16 (4 gymnast per event). But it was too confusing for the audience in the 2nd subdivision since gymnasts 17-32 already competed.
Marta Cuisado had the lead up until the 4th rotation of the 2nd subdivision (she had won the first session).

Last edited:
32 gymnasts is definitely too many. The depth of quality just isn’t there. The 2 per country rule is absolutely absurd. Track and field would never stand for it. Olympic finals should include all of the top qualifiers

FIG will never do this. The reason to move to 24 AAers was to shorten the length of the meet and make it more manageable for TV broadcasts, which also impacted the random draw to now seeded placements so it is easier for the TV broadcast to stay with the favorites.

They tried to go to 32 AAers with 3 per country in 2001, in 2 sessions of 16 (4 gymnast per event). But it was too confusing for the audience in the 2nd subdivision since gymnasts 17-32 already competed.
Marta Cuisado had the lead up until the 4th rotation of the 2nd subdivision (she had won the first session).
I’m aware of the whys behind the decision to move to 2. Still think it’s stupid. And the fact is, moving to 24 and seeding the rotations has not resulted increased TV broadcasts. FIG has made change after change after change to chase broadcaster money, and it hasn’t resulted in squat.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back