Kim Kelly: “She took my spot!”

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Doug1233

Defender

And then there’s the 2012 article. Something about comebacks being ridiculous and older girls should get over themselves. Because after everything that happened to Kim things should change. She wasn’t even coherent in her anger. Making a comeback had nothing to do with her situation.

Last edited:
I mean it looks like utter shit and I think she’d be happier if she could let go, BUT, I can’t type here that I might not be doing exactly the same had I been in her position, to be honest (well I probably wouldn’t actually post this but I mean I might very well think it), so, here’s hoping she can move on with her life.

I can understand how she felt at the time and even how she reacted publicly at the time. I can EVEN understand her still privately nursing bad feelings at this point. But 30 years later it is time to have pulled yourself together enough to be gracious – or silent – publicly.

What happened to her is not great but you would think after everything that has happened in the past few years with USAG and gymnasts, you would think she would get some kind of clarity.

I mean…that is just childish.

Similar to Skinner saying Douglas took her spot, how was the spot on the team Kelly’s and not Okino’s?
For all intents and purposes, she could argue that Bruce was the one who took her spot since she placed lower at Olympic Trials, or Michelle Campi who didn’t compete at Olympic Trials.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back