Kim Kelly: “She took my spot!”

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Omg that music hahaha

I wonder what kind of deductions she got for those leaps. Makes Skinner look like Flavia!

There is SO much to unpack in that tweet - you have to kind of hope she wasn’t sober, because how she would think that was an acceptable thing to put on the INTERNET I’ll never know. Like, put it on a paper and stab it into your voodoo doll or something - just do it privately. It’s sort of like what would have happened if Khorkina wasn’t actually really good at gymnastics. It’s all about Meeeeeeeee! 30 years later and apparently Betty Okino is not allowed to have someone say something nice about her, even on her birthday.

And what is she expecting out of that? Peace of mind? Vindication? Someone to respond “you were robbed!” to her? Betty to feel bad? The gymternet to shun Betty and surround her with support?

Clearly that’s not the venue to air your grievances (May I suggest a therapist’s couch?) and the fact that she posted that just exposes her maturity level to the world.

Part of me feels like she wasn’t obnoxious enough. Obviously dignified silence is the best way to go, but if you decide against that and instead follow the path of starting nonsense on the internet 30 years on, fully commit to it. Either be Khorkina level trash or log off.

Reminds me of those youtube comments circa 2008 where a troll “Kim Kelly” said we should go easy on her 1990 Chunichi Cup FX because she was starved and the mat was rock hard.

Guess we now know it was her.

Last edited:
Nooooo! How could they use Anna’s lovely music to that clod hopper of a routine!
Well I’m totally to blame: I suggested there be a Kim Kelly/Pavlova mashup on the old forum sometime post-Beijing. I think NF put the vid together?

Last edited:
I can’t tell what she mouths at 1:17 but it’s either “come on b*tch” or “look at ME”, one of the two

I feel for Kim because it’s hard to come up short of your goals in this sports and the focus on perfection can drive you crazy, but it’s so tacky to ruin someone else’s birthday with something you should’ve seen a therapist 15 years ago about.

Sooo many issues here, but the one little aside that most missed- Betty Okino did in fact compete at the 1992 Worlds in Paris that Spring. Not that it matters all that much when you look at the bigger issue of a grudge 30 years later and blaming someone who was a fellow teenager and wasn’t responsible for the decision made by coaches.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back