Jen Gadirova return to competition October 2024

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

ArnoldRimmer

Defender
Reaction score
In the spirit of creating more new threads!

As Jen is now competing again, for the first time since early 2023, I think that justifies her own thread in a way that IG footage of skills didn't. She did the British Teams today. The all around, no less!

Photos on IG, floor video on twitter.

5.1 D score, 12.9 overall and she won floor. DLO, double tuck and layout front stepout to 2.5 twist. Also won beam, 3rd on vault and bars sounds like it was a mess.

Beam, 13.4

FTY on vault and 46.55 AA according to the twitter comments.

She got 47.35 with a disasterous bar set. I think thats a really good showing for her on her 3 best pieces. Really good to see.

Do you know where there are official scores? I'm seeing things cobbled together on twitter. Was thinking if she got presumably about 39 for floor, beam and an FTY, bars must have been an outright disaster!

Do you know where there are official scores? I'm seeing things cobbled together on twitter. Was thinking if she got presumably about 39 for floor, beam and an FTY, bars must have been an outright disaster!
They are on the BG Score app. She got 7.75 on UB. 3.25 E score with four falls 🫣 Glad she can laugh about it. Overall a successful first comp back. 2022 TF was a long time ago.

ETA
Scarily there were 13 UB routines that scored lower 😳

She was never much of a one for bars anyway!

It'll be interesting to see what a hit routine looks like though. Whether she spent any extra time focusing on bars when her leg injuries meant she couldn't do her stronger events.

Her bars at the beginning were quite clean and some new skills - but falling 4 times really affected her E score. Probably would be mid 13s with a hit, which is all she needs

Her bars at the beginning were quite clean and some new skills - but falling 4 times really affected her E score. Probably would be mid 13s with a hit, which is all she needs
Interesting, thanks. That would be quite the glow up if so. Do you remember the new skills? I still haven't seen video anywhere.

Interesting, thanks. That would be quite the glow up if so. Do you remember the new skills? I still haven't seen video anywhere.
Bar skating aren’t my forte but I’m pretty sure she did a van leeuween and straddled jaeger after that the routine was quite bad, but I’m interested to see what r score she was intending

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back