Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Why would she? She was surrounded by yes-men her whole life within a very insulated community of where she and her family are on the higher levels. Nobody has ever told her anything less than that she's amazing. Anything that threatens that worldview is somebody else's fault. And this is before entertaining the possibility of NPD.

Diana Prince Popcorn GIF

I saw on reddit that her former teammates are unfollowing her.
I saw that on Twitter as well. Whatever friends she might have had still in gymnastics are probably gone at this point.

She has a degree in broadcast journalism. I assume there was an ethics class in there somewhere
If there was a class on ethics, it was for show. Ethics in journalism left the building long ago.

I wanted Skye to really bring it but I guess we have to wait.

Skinner has sponsors through monetisation of her social media and this kind of thing isn’t going to make advertisers want to sponsor her.
It doesn't seem very conducive to sponsorship, does it? It would've been more sensible to dig out every photo she's got of her with any of the team, presumably none with Hezley but she must have loads with the others, talk up the connection and be all like here is me and Suni chalking the bars throwback Thursday so proud go team USA.

I saw on reddit that her former teammates are unfollowing her.

Well given that she has accused this year's Olympians of having a poor work ethic - that is Simone, Suni, Jade, and Jordan who also competed with her at the last Olympics ... I guess it is not surprising.

I also think that under the Karolyi regime people looked fantastic at trials but were often injured or overtrained by the actual competition - 2000, 2004 and 2008

I hate that we won't see Skye in Paris.

Yep. Her Cheng was Biles/Andrade class. She got the block, height, distance. Maybe a few form issues but she would have gotten better only.
But also, she had a bad vault crash during 2021 trials warmup. After that, I am sure she had some mental blocks for awhile, and then she brought the Cheng.
Plus I loved her unique beam, her mount + front tumbling.
I really, REALLY, REALLY want her back in elite.

She has a degree in broadcast journalism. I assume there was an ethics class in there somewhere
Even if there was, she strikes me as the sort of undergrad who took classes just to fulfill requirements. She didn't learn anything, and she's not capable of applying course content to real-world situations. I've been teaching at the college level for 20+ years, and I can't tell you how many students simply can't or won't process critical information, let alone retain it.

I wanted Skye to really bring it but I guess we have to wait.

Skinner has sponsors through monetisation of her social media and this kind of thing isn’t going to make advertisers want to sponsor her.
The type of products that sponsor her will be thrilled with the increased traffic and views on her accounts.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back