Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

IMG_2051.jpeg

Agreed. Still wild that she was never national champion on anything. Since they never got their moment at trials, it was nice to see the photos of her and Sacramone in all of the confetti from last night.
I do find it amusing, given how much they hated each other as teenagers, to see them now working together

I guess there’s a story I don’t know, but why did Alicia and Chelsie hate each other?
No real story to the best of my knowledge. They were teenagers in a high pressure environment competing against each other with personality differences and didn't get along.

I'm guessing various "She said X/She said Y" this and clique stuff could be rehashed, but the above's the long and short of it. I don't think there's any definitive story. They grew up, and the environment changed, and now they get along and can work well together.

I guess there’s a story I don’t know, but why did Alicia and Chelsie hate each other?
Only in the high school sense of being teenagers with different interests, fashions, friendship groups etc. That quad was very "mean girls". Chellsie, Jana, Ashley Priess were one group and Nastia, Alicia, Shayla and Sam were another. Normal teenage stuff, but with the add on of a hyper competitive, totally toxic training environment

If you'd told them back in 05 that they'd be colleagues...

Agreed. Still wild that she was never national champion on anything. Since they never got their moment at trials, it was nice to see the photos of her and Sacramone in all of the confetti from last night.

Well she may not have had the career she should have had - but Memmel was World AA champion in 2005 with that 0.001 win over Nastia

Nastia and Shawn supposedly didn’t like each other according to rumor but now they say they are friends.

Maturity and development. Also don’t believe everything you hear.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back