Gymnast Social Media Megathread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has to do the half twist at the end to get the 0.2 connection bonus. that's why she has changed it from Tokyo. I don't like that rule change...

Not sure this is the right place but I'll put it here

Sylvia P is doing a fundraiser to help support athletes and their families of the Oceania gymnasts where they've each designed their own Leo.

I love that Suni Lee is going back to the Olympics after the quad she's had lol. I feel like we're back in the 90s when the Olympics were all that mattered and everyone just waits around for the selection cycle to start. Let's have the same Olympic team for Los Angeles as well, after they've had minor careers in some weird professional spaces like nursing or cinematography which will give them some personal experience to explicate in a strange and startling series of arm movements on FX that somehow cohere to satisfy the artistry requirements.

No Isabella Brett...
Could be multiple reasons why.
I haven’t seen that NZOC has made a decision yet. Leotard collection might reference Oceania simply as a way to include Georgia-Rose Brown as she will be representing NZ at the Olympics. All the gymnasts in the fundraiser train in Australia whereas Isabella doesn’t.

Lauren Hopkins is tweeting that the New Zealand is not sending Isabella Brett. I'm not seeing any link to an official announcement, though.
Isabella issued a statement on her instagram confirming that the NZL Olympic committee won’t approve her

Really sad at this point for her but also perhaps a full spot to Oceania is not a given in the future.

I’m too scared to watch the video.
It's not a very scary fall. She almost misses the beam with both her feet, does a tuck full and rolls out of it. If I didn't know, I wouldn't have guessed she broke her foot this badly on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back