Go Suni (Nabieva to Bhardwaj)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So we have Suni at 8.7, 8.8 and 8.9 E. With a 6.8 D Score - that’s a 15.6.

Derwael won Worlds with what, a 15.2…? And I can’t see her going much higher.

I really think UB gold is Suni’s to lose. If she hits that routine in that video, I think she will be Olympic Champion.

Chest needs to be at horizontal to get 0.1. Or at knees for 0.3. Shes not either.

The main landing issue is feet apart.

vlcsnap-2021-03-13-07h00m26s563

lovegymnasts: Based on the training video, I would not deduct for low chest on landing. I do think an argument could be made for the 0.1 ‘Deviation from ideal position’ deduction because her chest is somewhat forward relative to her center of gravity and while her hips are above knee level, they’re below what the COP / Help Desk show as being ideal. That being said, in real time it’s fairly borderline and I wouldn’t have a problem with a judge making a call one way vs. the other.

In the screenshot you posted from what appears to be her competition routine, that would be a 0.1 for low chest on landing.

Last edited:
That’s a different routine! Yes I’d take 0.1 there.

Concorde I agree. It’s not so much her chest in the training video, but the body posture on landing is not ideal. In real time I wouldn’t take the tenth but I wouldn’t be mad at another judge for doing so.

Yep I see where the confusion came from as it’s in the first post. My E panel 8.7 came from the IG video I included in my post :ok_hand:t2:

She’s certainly trying out enough skills and connections. I wonder what she will settle on for Worlds?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back