Fill out the FIG's survey, open through 2024-01-17

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

JDB

I don't like any of the new name suggestions - World Gymnastics, One Gymnastics, Health and Fitness.

The World one is the least bad.

Same. FIG is fine, but I'd understand if they changed it to World Gymnastics since sport federations are following that naming convention. FINA changed to World Aquatics some time ago.

I used the "give us another name suggestion" free answer space to let them know how I felt about all of their dumbass suggested name changes.

Yep... why change it to something terrible when FIG is just fine? Obviously they are struggling with the "if it ain't broke" issue. I really don't have any issues with FIG or the name. I would vote for the world one if it had to be one of those though.

I said, the name doesn’t matter, just making a healthy, happy environment for the gymnasts, fairness and rules that make it so a large variety of body types can succeed.

I dpn't have a problem with World Gymnastics at all. I think it's fine.

What was interesting was:

Please choose 4 words that best describe your favorite sport from this list:

Creativity, Fun, Graceful, Musical, Inclusive, Dynamic, Innovative, Entertaining, Expressive, Lifelong, Teamwork, Fitness, Strength, Spectacular, Flips, Precise, Equal, Stylish, Agile, Bravery, Fluid., Universal, Power, Complete, Elegance, Art, Balletic, Complex, and Flight

It'd would be intertesting to see what choices were the most common in the various demographic profiles. Because I bet they will try to market it towards whatever the 18-34 group says gymnastics is.

The name change is planned because the FIG switched its working language from French to English over the past decade.

Knowing the FIG, they'll spend a ton of money on research for the rebrand. And the end result will be "World Gymnastics" with a logo that looks like it was made in Kid Pix. On a related note, here's how FITA's rebrand went:

world_archery.jpeg

The name change is planned because the FIG switched its working language from French to English over the past decade.

Knowing the FIG, they'll spend a ton of money on research for the rebrand. And the end result will be "World Gymnastics" with a logo that looks like it was made in Kid Pix. On a related note, here's how FITA's rebrand went:

View attachment 10007
Expect this person is right, since I didn’t have any information, just a load of cynicism

Yep... why change it to something terrible when FIG is just fine? Obviously they are struggling with the "if it ain't broke" issue. I really don't have any issues with FIG or the name. I would vote for the world one if it had to be one of those though.
How about Gymnaverse?

;-)

View attachment 10007

Attachments

• IMG_0722.jpeg
    IMG_0722.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 9

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back