FIG and Fujitsu discuss "Judging Support System"

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

The video on the link-through site is interesting. I’d like to see them show several routines (preferably from retired athletes) that detail the JSS judging process for the routine and show what it credited, what it deducted, and then compared it to what the athlete actually received

Interesting that they are ditching all the body measurements gathered from gymnasts.

So support here means this system will be used for score enquiries rather than as a default judge. What does “blocked score” mean? Out of range?

I too would like to see more examples of crediting elements in routines. The video was interesting but PH is probably the event where I know least about judging so it didn’t mean as much to me. I agree with QuietColours that it would be great to see how it would deal with old routines. It would be particularly fun to see how it would deal with famous enquiries/devaluations from the past e.g. Uchimura PH 2012 TF and Cheng Fei VT 2006 TF are the first that come to mind.

It does look like it might have the advantage of seeing angles the judges can’t–making leg separations on things like vault and bars more obvious.

Have it rejudge the 2008 and 2015 bars finals…

or the 2013 FX final. I’ll never understand how Murakami got a lower E score than Ferrari and Iordache. Maybe we should start a thread for contentious finals. I know some people were interested in re-scoring competitions

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back