Extremely Premature Olympic Team Predictions and Speculation

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Who are the new and exciting US juniors breaking through in the next 12 months?
Pretty much who we saw at the Winter Cup + Suni, Jade, Jordan, and Shilese are who we will be seeing over the next 18 months to Paris. And I’m not seeing a whole lot that could break into that A-tier.

Jayla Hang is the only current junior that I think can break through to be a Paris contender. I’ll be very curious to see how she looks today.

Question: they never reinstated that grandfather clause for pre-Olympics Worlds, right? So gymnasts have to be at least 16 or turning 16 this year to go to Antwerp? Not that a whole lot will get past a possible group of Shilese, Suni, Jade, Jordan, and Skye. At least there’s Pan-Ams this year.

No. 2007 was the last year that happened. It’s what led to the Californian Belarusians saga

Hezly yes but Jayla disappointed me. She looked to be working at the limit of her ability

Lol it depends what shape gabby and simone are in. I don’t think it’s out of the question at all.
I would be very willing to bet my house on neither of them being on the next Olympic Team. For different reasons. But same result. We will not see either in any serious competition. And i still think Jordis Eichman may be the next one to watch

And i still think Jordis Eichman may be the next one to watch
She’s one of the few whose name stuck in my head. Will be interesting to see how she develops this year.

Even though she’s currently a junior, Hezly Rivera would be someone I’m polling for. She beat most of the juniors - if she can clean up her beam and get a DTY instead of an FTY she would be a real asset. If she can’t do the DTY then she doesn’t compete vault, but her bars and floor are huge assets IMO.

Had she competed as a senior this weekend, she would have won and that’s with a fall

Exactly. Which shows that our seniors might need some work but also that there’s some pretty good rising talent.

Remember back in 2007 when they made a big deal about Shawn Johnson had a higher AA score as a junior than the seniors at Nationals in 2006?

Rivera vaulted a DTY here. It needs some work, but she can do the skill.

Rivera is now firmly A-team leading into next year. She also did a Chuso on floor as her opening pass in an exhibition routine at the WOGA elite qualifier (or the Classic, whatever) so there are upgrades to throw at Junior Worlds.

Cripes! You’ve just made a lot of people feel very old! 😆

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back