Do you think the Olympics will happen?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’ll admit, in a country known for processes and precision in business and technology, it is shocking to me how poorly they have been rolling out the vaccine (reports I saw said they had lots of doses, they just haven’t…been giving them?)

The article I read said that Japan was traditionally an anti-vaccination country and they are leary of them.

Every Olympics imposes on the residents.

Construction, traffic, crowd congestion, filled shops and restaurants, long waits, rude tourists, people who litter, etx.

This year is the best year to hold the Olympics because there will be no foreign spectators (so all the nuisances will be avoided) and delegations will be isolated from the general public. Not to mention that it is likely that a majority of the Olympic delegations will be vaccinated, not all of them, but most will.

I’ll admit, in a country known for processes and precision in business and technology, it is shocking to me how poorly they have been rolling out the vaccine (reports I saw said they had lots of doses, they just haven’t…been giving them?)
Most countries aren’t prepared for the biggest vaccination campaign in history. America’s an exception. Providers need specialized refrigerators or dry ice lined coolers to store Pfizer vaccines. Coordinating distribution is a big undertaking.

Yep. The U.S. appears to have done incredibly well getting its population vaccinated quickly as it turns out to be remarkably difficult. Australia’s in an utter shambles on the vaccination front, even though it’s managed the rest well (admittedly with a lot of geographic benefits). Victoria recently opened vaccinations to 40-49 year olds and the phone line immediately crashed as people called with questions. As far as I know, we have the necessary equipment to distribute, but the actual logistics/supply side of things has broken down, and state governments and the federal government are arguing about who’s responsible for what.

Japan have extended the state of emergency in Tokyo and other areas. The measures aren’t too strict though, limited alcohol sales, pubs and restaurants closing early and homeworking encouraged. A decision will be made about Japanese Olympic spectators at the end of this latest extension/20th of June.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back