Chusovitina will attempt to qualify to Los Angeles 2028!!, would be her 9th Olympics!

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

She’s done the Nemov show every year since it started.

Yes. But the theme of this one is different shall we say. In how many other sports right now will there be athletes from other countries wearing Russia T shirts for promotional purposes?!

It looked like she was doing Roche preps a while back….a Dragulescu? 😜

Yeah that’s more realistic. Has she been competing rudis or fulls lately?

She did a full at that recent world cup and it did not look rudi-able. let alone a double.

There was footage a few months ago of her working an Omelianchik entry. I wonder if she’s hoping to do a vault from that family?

A video was posted today of her working on timers for Roundoff + Half on. It didn’t look good (yet).

Maybe it is a roundoff half on, Produnova vault? Atler was training these around 2001 IIRC (per her diary entry).

She’s not going to get anywhere near that far. I think the vault will be new for her, not new in general.

Regretted retiring shortly after official announcement. Only retired because people were telling her to retire. Won’t give up gymnastics while she still has energy.

Will not attend Worlds this year, she plans on instead training Masha Paseka’s vault (Cheng).
So her final competition in 2022 will be the Islamic Games.

If she DOES have to attend Worlds (per Uzbekistan gymnastics) she will do her old vaults.

Stopped training AA because bars scares her as she has to use grips now and she can’t grasp the bar with grips.

Doesn’t know when she truly will retire.

So obviously we all know not to believe her when she says she’s retiring. How to react when she claims she isn’t going to worlds is a new one.

Also, do we know what element she’s referring to on bars? My initial thought was that she meant the jam, since she did that in 93, but the way it’s written sounds like a release?

I also interpreted it as a jam. Perhaps she did it with a regrasp/hop in handstand?

It would be gutting not to see her in Liverpool, we’ll see what actually happens though.

Last edited:
Also, do we know what element she’s referring to on bars? My initial thought was that she meant the jam, since she did that in 93, but the way it’s written sounds like a release?
I think it’s the jam, she said Chelsie Memmel also did the skill

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back