British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I still can’t believe they didn’t credit either the split-straddle or the switch-switch1/2. No dance CR given. Really really harsh.
I think she received credit for the dance CR. What I think the panel did was:
  • Pause following aerial → (-0.1 CV, -0.1 SB)
    (I think it was the ‘long’ plié / slow actual takeoff into the split jump that got her into trouble, but a borderline call for me.)
  • Fall on acro series → (-0.1 CV, -0.1 SB)
  • Pause/arm swing on back tuck → (-0.1 CV, -0.1 SB)
5.6 planned D score - 0.6 → 5.0 credited D score

The Women’s Team Championships were apparently held this weekend in Stoke.

Park Wrekin won, largely thanks to the presence of Alice Kinsella (53.7 AA), who fell on her beam acro series but was otherwise the class of the field.

Other GB squad gymnasts there were Ruby Stacey (50.5), Poppy Stickler (46.95) and Jea Maracha (48.2). No one else.

Scores and videos on the BG Score app.

of note, Kinsella 14.2 on bars:

Looks like Jess, Jenn, Ondine, GMF are all sitting this out before worlds then.

Last edited:
I just spent £280 on this mysterious Cardiff competition. I don’t think I’ve gone to a competition knowing this little since the 1999 Glasgow grand prix!

Ruby Stacey competed at the Mersin Challenge Cup, but she doesn’t appear to have qualified to any finals. I haven’t managed to find a full set of results though, so unsure on her scores.

Ellie D was supposed to compete there, but it appears like she wasn’t even there for podium? Hopefully she’s not injured again!

Ellie D was supposed to compete there, but it appears like she wasn’t even there for podium? Hopefully she’s not injured again!
She was named World alternate so probably didn’t travel to Mersin for that reason.

Ruby Stacey scored 11.5 on floor and 9.7 on beam, no idea about bars. These are just off twitter, the organisers don’t seem interested in any scores that didn’t make the finals.

British Gymnastics posted that Ellie Downie was going as recently as Wednesday, so either the social media person doesn’t know what’s going on, or something happened after that.

I just spent £280 on this mysterious Cardiff competition. I don’t think I’ve gone to a competition knowing this little since the 1999 Glasgow grand prix!
I just phoned the Cardiff venue to ask about their photography policy (I’m travelling a long way to have my dSLR turned away) and NO photography will be allowed :cry: 😠

The other teams competing are Sweden and Wales!

I hope this event uses BG scores so those who didn’t go can at least see the routines.

I doubt it given this communication…

Jesus!

I wonder if they don’t want a new skill to get leaked before they try it at Worlds?

I understand not filming new floor routines (especially Jess as she’ll hopefully make the floor final), but I don’t see much upgrades happening on other events - I could be wrong though

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back