British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

It’s like Russia circa 2014. Maybe they can convince Nabieva to come out of retirement once again and throw a skanky DTY in Paris team finals.
That is a beautiful thought.

I always assumed she'd end up competing for Azerbaijan at some point, so maybe her competing for a completely different team as the replacement for an Azeri citizen gymnast would be appropriate.

👀 Each time I look at the gymternet some more shit happens…🫣
IMG_6002.jpeg

Unfortunate news for GBR but I can understand Morgan's perspective as well. I wonder if the recent injuries were part of the deciding factor given the healthy body comment.

Maybe with Ondine out, an Olympic team medal is less likely so elite just wasn’t worth it anymore

Maybe with Ondine out, an Olympic team medal is less likely so elite just wasn’t worth it anymore
I wouldn’t have thought so. Paris would be a chance of a normal, non covid Olympic experience and close enough to home for friends and family to come and watch.

I don't think the statement would've been written in the way it was if she'd just changed her mind about the effort v reward calculation either. It would've been more neutral. This seems quite carefully worded.

Anyways, wonder how Ellie Downie is on this fine morning?

I don't think the statement would've been written in the way it was if she'd just changed her mind about the effort v reward calculation either. It would've been more neutral. This seems quite carefully worded.

Anyways, wonder how Ellie Downie is on this fine morning?
Yes. She’s quit elite at the very moment her chance of making the Olympic team increased dramatically

its the phrase "unexpected challenges and obstacles have led to a change of heart".

I wonder if GB have insisted on a training regime / camp schedule that she can't or doesn't want to commit to. I feel there is something coming from GB that has caused this change of heart. She was looking steady and reliable and on the way to being really useful. Without Ondine her beam became more and more useful. They have alienated her somehow.

Very disappointed but I don't blame her. If she knows she would be walking into a poor environment for her she is doing the right thing.

Wow. Quitting so close to the Olympics is one thing, but quitting when he’s presumably actually at euros?!?!
He’s not on the list of coaches so don’t think he went. Like even Molly went

Quit or asked to step down? And I wonder if Morgan's withdrawal from the selection process played a role?

It just gets weirder. If he was never part of the delegation for euros, it seems less sudden. But then why announce it the day before euros begins?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back