British WAG (and MAG!) talk

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I do not know how the format for Trials works, but I hope this doesn’t mean the Downies skipped today’s selection event, whatever it was.

rue, whatever that instagram post was, it appears it has been removed.

Hmmmm. What was it?

I do feel like the Sunday Trial is THE Trial - seeing as GB’s Twitter only talked about Sunday videos and scores.

The Academy has posted a boomerang on Instagram of who was at the trials.

In case it gets removed, it looks like: Gadirovas, Kelly Simm, Ondine, Alice, Amelie, GMF and Emily Thomas. The Academy already posted that Phoebe has missed this trial due to injury (unsure if they meant just today’s or Sunday’s as well). Since she’s a longshot for the team, I’m guessing her priority is staying healthy for NCAA.

Where are the Downies? Just resting for Sunday I hope? Has anything come out about where Taeja James is, assuming she’s injured?

They’ve already competed at two Trials, so they only really need to do one more each.

Sunday it is. Crunch time.

There is more to them not competing than the perceived gymnastics drama. Everyone needs to take a beat from all the speculation.

Really thinking it will be Gadirova 1 and 2, Morgan, Kinsella

Bad timing for the Downies having to deal with injuries and the sort.

I’m pretty sure Becky Downie is not injured though

To be fair, I think this criteria is pretty moot, because none of the contenders are medal contenders for even this olympics.

Google says they have a brother called Josh, and this poor lad lived in the same area, so maybe. How awful if so. Actually how awful even if it isn’t their brother, he’ll have been someone’s.

They all have a father called Tony as well. Can’t just be a coincidence. How devastating.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back