Adult Gymnastics

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Really, if the difference between the estimated value and the actual value is $33 per day, surely that could potentially be accounted for by an expense the gym counted in / additional coaching / comparison to classes (likely recreational where gyms actually make money) that aren’t happening those times / some extra in the class

That was a long time between starting and now!

Rafiki is this the same competition you were in?

Last edited:
I did enter the Adult British Championships (it was my third competition, not the one I was talking about upthread) and competed in the Introductory category. I’ve definitely got the competition bug!

It was amazing to compete at Lilleshall. I’d been there once before as a spectator in 2005, but a lot has happened in British Gymnastics since then. It was so cool to compete on equipment that Olympians and elites have trained on. It was like a gymnastics pilgrimage! As for the competition - I hit all of my goals and I’m really proud of what I’ve achieved in my first year of the sport. I’m looking forward to classes restarting in September and learning some new skills.

Last edited:
I’m 31 and I go to gymnastics 3 times a week. I just do it for fun and I started extremely late (26) but I really started ramping up the progress after getting to a proper gym in 2020 after I turned 29. A few weeks ago I landed a 2/1 to pit mats. I’ve been able to put a full twist on the spring floor but I always panic so it’s never pretty.

It sucks that starting so late I didn’t get the muscle memory of these adults returning after time off, but I guess it’s also good because I think more about what I’m doing, which helps me stay in control of myself. And I also didn’t have to deal with a growth spurt, I was already 6’4 when I started 😂

I get pretty good height but I’m still not as quick as I need to be to get double backs and stuff. I can throw a cute double turn on beam every once in a while too.

I don’t do adult gymnastics, but at 34 almost 35 I’m pretty sure I’m the only one at the pool who knows how to do a proper back flip in the water without arching my back into it.

I coached as an adult and would often play on the equipment. It wasn’t hard to get back my skills, but it was REALLY hard to make them look good again. Not pretty at all.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back