2024 Week 12 Conference Championships Saturday, March 23.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Iowa way off pace, and scoring seems tight. They need to average 49.25 on bars and beam.
Could happen, but highly unlikely. Once Adeline Kenlin went out with injury, the season looked very bleak.

Maryland is crushing it. I could see a regional semi-final upset from them depending which bracket they are in.

I had high hopes for Penn State to win this session and perhaps challenge int he evening session, that bars and beam rotation has taken them completely out of it though.

GEC Session 1 is exciting, W&M have the lead over Cornell, but SCSU in the hunt to win it, Bridgeport is still in it, but unlikely to pass.

Now Nebraska counts a fall.

Rutgers is doing a great job on FX. Already ahead of Iowa and potentially passing Nebraska who counts a fall on beam.

Didn't see Rutgers climbing out of 10th to be honest.

GEC was CLOSE!
Within 4 tenths from 1st to 4th.
WOW. Can't wait to watch it on YouTube after it gets uploaded.
1711215893829.png

Juk is a fantastic beam worker other than the dismount. I don't think the judges could go higher than 9.85 for that routine but there's not enough reward in the score separation for her extension, rhythm, and risk. A routine with two very short splits leaps went 9.625.
GEC was CLOSE!
Within 4 tenths from 1st to 4th.
WOW. Can't wait to watch it on YouTube after it gets uploaded.
View attachment 10127
Go Southern!!

It stinks for both Iowa/Rutgers that Leese and Muñoz went down this weekend. I wonder what this meet could have looked like for Iowa if they started with a big floor score. Another fall on beam as I'm typing this, the team seems a bit shaken up since FX/VT.

Last edited:
I think Juk should qualify to regionals as an individual on beam. Not sure if that is a guarantee tho. She is currently 3rd in line on BB for non full team to regionals. Morris (LIU) and Munoz (Iowa) are ahead of her.

I think Juk should qualify to regionals as an individual on beam. Not sure if that is a guarantee tho. She is currently 3rd in line on BB for non full team to regionals. Morris (LIU) and Munoz (Iowa) are ahead of her.
I think Morris and Muñoz would qualify as AAers first, though the extent of Muñoz's injury remains to be seen.

Big Ten session 1
Maryland 196.775
Illinois 196.700
Nebraska 196.250
Penn State 195.825
Rutgers 195.400
Iowa 193.975

Counting score for Maryland, moves them to 26th. Bumped Nebraska back to 27th. Also a counting score for Illinois, currently tied for 29th.

Woop.

Maryland puts up 196.775 to hold off Illinois at 196.700.
3rd Nebraska 196.250
4th Penn State 195.825
5th Rutgers 195.400
6th Iowa 193.975

Maryland is going to be happy with this finish. Worst they can do is 5th, which is their best finish since joining Big Tens in 2015.

Kent State off to a rough start in their pursuit of MAC.
Bars was just 49.050. Beam 48.800 after dropping a 9.200 and counting 9.550.

Ball State hit floor for 49.250
Bowling Green also hit floor for 48.975

No one else hit their 1st events to the best they could.

Looking like Ball State is in the driver's seat to upset Kent State.

I don't mind it for dual meets and ok for tri-meets.
But to try to data plug and run numbers, its challenging to do in this format.

The MAC championships with 7 teams at once, is KILLING me inside.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back