2024 US National WAG qualifiers

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

RedBirdie

Staff member
Defender
Winter Cup is nearly here, and national qualifiers are underway, so let's get tracking who has qualified for nationals!

Here's qualification criteria
Senior Elite (All-Around)Senior Elite (2 or 3 Event)Junior Elite
Optional Scores to American Classic, U.S. Classic or Winter Cup50.00 AA
  • 2023 U.S. Championships
  • 2023 post US Championships Selected National Team Training Camp
  • 2024 National Qualifiers
  • 2024 Selected National Team Training Camps
38.70 3 Event
26.00 2 Event

• 2023 U.S. Championships (may only compete on the events that achieved score from Championships. If desire to compete more events, athlete needs to qualify from National qualifier)
Athletes qualifying to a Classic on 2 or 3 events at a 2024 National Qualifier or 2024 Selected National Team Training camp may qualify with a 2 or 3-event score and may only compete on the same 2 or 3 events where they obtained the qualifying score.
49.00 AA
  • 2023 U.S. Championships
Qualification to U.S. Gymnastics ChampionshipsAutomatic
  • 2023 World Championships Team and replacement athletes
51.00 AA
  • 2023 post US Championships Selected National Team Training Camp (full routines on competition surfaces)
  • 2024 Selected National Team Training Camp (full routines on competition surfaces)
  • 2024 Winter Cup
  • 2024 Classic Meet
  • 2024 National team International Assignment
39.00 3 Event
26.40 2 Event

• 2023 post US Championships Selected National Team Training Camp (full routines on competition surfaces)
  • 2024 Selected National Team Training Camp (full routines on competition surfaces)
Athletes qualifying to the 2024 U.S. Gymnastics Championships from the American or U.S. Classic with a 2 or 3-event score may only compete on the same 2 or 3 events where they obtained the qualifying score. (No 2 or 3-event scores from the Winter Cup qualifies.)
49.50 AA
  • 2024 Winter Cup
  • 2024 Junior American or Junior U.S. Classic meet

Last edited:
Junior qualifiers from Winter Cup
Claire Pease
Lavi Crain
Addy Fulcher
Tyler Turner
Caroline Moreau
Jaysha McClendon

Senior qualifiers:
Simone Biles
Shilese Jones
Leanna Wong
Jocelyn Roberson
Skye Blakely
Kayla DiCello
Kaliya Lincoln
Tiana Sumanasekera
Jordan Chiles
Zoe Miller
Alicia Zhou
Evelynne Lowe
Jade Carey
Addison Fatta
Nola Matthews
Lexi Zeiss
Amelia Disidore
Jayla Hang
Marissa Neal
Madray Johnson
Michelle Pineda
Zoey Molomo
Simone Rose
Annalisa Milton
CaMarah Williams
Trinity Thomas
Dulcy Caylor
Reese Esponda
Norah Christan

Of course, it is VERY possible that other gymnasts have qualified to nationals via camps, but scores have not been made public.

Last edited:
The elite qualification chart was updated by the elite committee. Previously, 2 or 3 event qualification to nationals via Winter Cup was not permitted. Now it is.

Not that it really matters. The only gymnasts who got a score, from what I can tell, is Ly Bui. 26.45 on vault and floor (14+12.45)

I always like looking at Jr. lists to see naming trends. Nothing too crazy on that list but I do object to Alivia and Raygan. Because Olivia is a lovely name that didn't need to be made fancy and Raygan is too close to Raygun. /off topic
Anniston seems unusual. I can understand the A for Alivia, to avoid the first sound being either “Oh” or like Olive.

From American Classic:

seniors
Chloe Cho
Nicole Desmond
Gabby Douglas (VT, UB, BB)
Tatum Drusch
Cambry Haynes (VT, FX)
Suni Lee (VT, BB)
Myli Lew
Malea Milton
Brooke Pierson
Ashlee Sullivan
Brynn Torry (VT, FX)

juniors
Isabella Anzola
Charleigh Bullock
Ally Damelio
Gabrielle Hardie
Kylie Smith
Maliha Tressel
Camie Westerman

The junior qualifying score for nationals has been lowered to 49.50. I haven't had a chance to look at Winter Cup and American Classic results to see if anyone qualified that way.

The junior qualifying score for nationals has been lowered to 49.50. I haven't had a chance to look at Winter Cup and American Classic results to see if anyone qualified that way.
Was it 50.00 originally?
If so, looks like only Harlow Buddendeck did (got 49.55 at Winter Cup, then 48.8 at American Classic).
All others who were between 49.5 and 50.0 at Winter Cup went over 50 at American Classic.
And I hope they are done with lowering qualifying scores for this year. For Classic it's still 49.0 and I hope it stays this way.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back