2024 Russian Gymnastics Championships

2024 Russian Gymnastics Championships

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

MaryClare

Defender
For the first time, the championships will be held at the Sirius Arena, part of the huge sports venue complex in Sirius.

It’s a much larger arena than is typically used and the entry is free if you pre register.

A few names are already confirmed. For WAG Listunova, Melnikova, Roschina, Kustova, Vasilieva and Kalmykova. For MAG Nagornyy, Belyavskyy, Marinov, Ablyazin, Dalaloyan and Naidin.

It’s a full competition. There will be team, all around and event finals. Juniors and seniors will compete together

I’m not up to date with the Russians…Will Urazova compete? Is Yana Vorona still competing? Did Gerasimova recover from her knee injury & surgery from 2022? Is Kuliak still on National Team?

I read (somewhere) that Listunova is recovering from a back injury but wants still to compete at Russian Championships

I’m not up to date with the Russians…Will Urazova compete? Is Yana Vorona still competing? Did Gerasimova recover from her knee injury & surgery from 2022? Is Kuliak still on National Team?
I don’t know if Urazova is competing, final start list will only be a couple of days before. She has grown a lot and seems to be working hard at getting her skills back. However I would be very surprised if she ever returns to being a top AAer.

Gerasimova has recovered and last competed at the Russia Cup around 6 months ago.

Listunova I saw training in person around a month ago. I didn’t see much, she was tumbling on the track into the pit. Looked normal but she has grown a lot, I didn’t recognise her at first
Kuliak is still listed as being on the men’s senior team, which means he’ll be taking home a full salary. He is unable to compete in RGF competitions.

Vorona is still competing. She’s on the reserve team

I wonder how much longer Melnikova and the 21 Olympians will stick around, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of retirements after this Championships.

Article was from Match Tv.

Coach Bulgakova seems to say that Ludmila Roschina is competitive with Listunova on all events except FX.

Last edited:
I wonder how much longer Melnikova and the 21 Olympians will stick around, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of retirements after this Championships
Given how athlete funding works here, it’s unlikely there will be announcements of retirement.

Erm...

6F5B3A28-56E7-4B03-9645-818D1AE8F242.png

I don’t know if Urazova is competing, final start list will only be a couple of days before. She has grown a lot and seems to be working hard at getting her skills back. However I would be very surprised if she ever returns to being a top AAer.

Gerasimova has recovered and last competed at the Russia Cup around 6 months ago.

Listunova I saw training in person around a month ago. I didn’t see much, she was tumbling on the track into the pit. Looked normal but she has grown a lot, I didn’t recognise her at first
Kuliak is still listed as being on the men’s senior team, which means he’ll be taking home a full salary. He is unable to compete in RGF competitions.

Vorona is still competing. She’s on the reserve team
If this true from Telegram (Russian gymnastics official telegram channel), we won’t see Urazova. This is the translation.

⚡️ Vladislava Urazova received a knee injury during training, the athlete will soon undergo surgery 🤕 Senior coach of the Russian national team Valentina Rodionenko reported this to TASS.

“She has a severe knee injury that happened last week during acrobatic training while she was working on floor exercises. The operation will be performed today or tomorrow, after which we can talk about the approximate recovery time. We hope that Urazova will return to the sport,” said Valentina Rodionenko.

Last edited:
If this true from Telegram (Russian gymnastics official telegram channel), we won’t see Urazova. This is the translation.

⚡️ Vladislava Urazova received a knee injury during training, the athlete will soon undergo surgery 🤕 Senior coach of the Russian national team Valentina Rodionenko reported this to TASS.

“She has a severe knee injury that happened last week during acrobatic training while she was working on floor exercises. The operation will be performed today or tomorrow, after which we can talk about the approximate recovery time. We hope that Urazova will return to the sport,” said Valentina Rodionenko.
If she’s injured again, I think she is probably done. Already she was really struggling to get her skills back.

If it’s posted on RGF social media, it’s as reliable as USAG or BG social media. I’m unsure why you would doubt it?

If she’s injured again, I think she is probably done. Already she was really struggling to get her skills back.

If it’s posted on RGF social media, it’s as reliable as USAG or BG social media. I’m unsure why you would doubt it?
Only because I saw it on telegram first. I figured you’d be able to confirm :)

And yes, if it’s major I bet she’s done too.

Only because I saw it on telegram first. I figured you’d be able to confirm :)

And yes, if it’s major I bet she’s done too.
She might be done, but she’ll still be on the reserve team roster for the next 2 years 😂

The telegram is reliable and legitimate. I believe that governmental bodies are not permitted to have instagram, twitter etc (although the dynamo organisation still has a regularly updated instagram). So increasingly here, telegram is used as the official social media since it has the largest reach, because err people like it because the government can’t see it. So the government uses it to communicate with the people. Only in Russia 😂

Is there funding at stake here? I wonder why they'd risk her back for Russian championships? Is it more prestigious than Russian cup?

Is there funding at stake here? I wonder why they'd risk her back for Russian championships? Is it more prestigious than Russian cup?
Russian championships is the more prestigious event. Listunova will want to win the team title for Moscow.

I dont believe it to be a serious injury

That is too bad. With covid and the world situation it feels like she never got a real moment. I liked her gymnastics more than Listunovas and would have been interested in seeing more. Add her to the Iordache category of what could have been.

Isn't Melnikova getting to (past?) the age where she's expected to have a baby? I remember someone saying there was a lot of social pressure on 20somethings to get married and have a kid?

That is too bad. With covid and the world situation it feels like she never got a real moment. I liked her gymnastics more than Listunovas and would have been interested in seeing more. Add her to the Iordache category of what could have been.

Isn't Melnikova getting to (past?) the age where she's expected to have a baby? I remember someone saying there was a lot of social pressure on 20somethings to get married and have a kid?
Pressure to get married and have a kid? Sorry, but what the actual hell?! She’s a businesswoman living in Moscow, not a sophomore at BYU.

The pressure on 20 somethings to have a kid (less so being married because that doesn’t matter) is to do with the huge government subsidies. Unless you’re particularly well off, chances that having a child will be an advantage financially. There isn’t societal pressure, but there can be familial pressure since often it’s not feasible to move out of home until you get married or have a kid.

Angelina is a successful businesswomen who owns properties in Moscow, Voronezh and Smolensk and drives an imported Lexus. She’ll have a baby if and when she wants to have a baby.

Pressure to get married and have a kid? Sorry, but what the actual hell?! She’s a businesswoman living in Moscow, not a sophomore at BYU.

The pressure on 20 somethings to have a kid (less so being married because that doesn’t matter) is to do with the huge government subsidies. Unless you’re particularly well off, chances that having a child will be an advantage financially. There isn’t societal pressure, but there can be familial pressure since often it’s not feasible to move out of home until you get married or have a kid.

Angelina is a successful businesswomen who owns properties in Moscow, Voronezh and Smolensk and drives an imported Lexus. She’ll have a baby if and when she wants to have a baby.
Okay, my bad. Clearly I misunderstood something I vaguely remember being said years ago.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back