2023 World University Games (Jul. 28 - Aug. 8)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Judges conference after Ou Yushan’s UB. They didn’t credit something, her SV was 5.8 in TF, 5.7 here.

She drilled that dismount cold.

Last edited:
Why do the bars look so shaky? The whole thing looked like it was moving during Luo Huan’s routine.

Last edited:
I wonder if it’s the healy. It looks to me like she’s catching in mixed grip not eagle, which is a lower DV in MAG but I have no idea about WAG. 5.8 makes sense if it’s credited as an E, but I feel like finishing in eagle grip is kinda intrinsic to the E rating of a healy. I can’t figure out how they get to 5.7.

I woke up in time for WAG, jumped right into that, and forgot about MAG.

Daiki

MAG AA

mag aa1

Last edited:
It sounds like Hashimoto may have concussed himself on pommels?? I hope he’s okay.
Yea, there’s pictures floating around of him on the floor after the fall on PH clutching his head. Then he’s sitting on the sidelines after holding his head.

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4931044189601833?from=old_pc_videoshow

Here’s video of that entire 2nd rotation in the MAG AA final. His whole PH routine was great, he hit the whole thing then his hands get mixed up on the dismount, he fell on the dismount and looked like he knocked the side of his head on one of the pommel handles.

He did get up and do the dismount again after. Then went down and the trainer was looking at his head/neck. Then he withdrew.

Last edited:
Luo putting pressure on Ou to hit floor.

Has Luo been on a major team since Doha? It’s so nice to see her again.

Last edited:
I hope Fred continues to improve. This should be motivating for him.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back