2023 Pan Am Gymnastics Championship (Worlds Qualifier) May 26-28

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

International Gymnast has some training footage on their Instagram.

From Reddit, event information:

Schedule (times are local, matching US central time)​

RoundDayTime
MAG QF/AA/EFMay 2610:30am
WAG QF/AA/EFMay 2711:05am
MAG TFMay 2810:30am
WAG TFMay 284:05pm
SubdivisionTimeCountries
MAG 110:30amVEN, PUR, CUB
(TTO, URU, GUA, HAI, ESA), DOM, USA
MAG 23:00pmCOL, CHI, CRC
PAN, MEX, (BOL, IVB)
MAG 36:30pmBRA, CAN, PER
ECU, JAM, ARG
WAG 111:05amESA, BRA, PER
(TTO, ARU), (JAM, HAI)
WAG 21:50pmVEN, BOL, CHI
(BAR, URU), MEX
WAG 33:55pmCOL, CAN, DOM
USA, PAN
WAG 46:00pmPUR, ARG, ECU
CRC, CUB

Bummer for Zoe. She’s likely out of the competition.

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of positive things. I like that they’re doing 1:1s with the athletes to go over goals and address what they’re doing well and where they need to improve. And actually showing them what the artistry deductions look like so they can understand how they’re being judged and what they need to do is a great step.

“When we’re at camp, we take the page from the FIG artistry and I follow up with the judges as we’re sitting and judging, ‘What did we all take for?’ So, then, the coaches and the athletes can see the information right away,” said Memmel. “Like, ‘We’re still taking this, we’re still taking this, but this is where you improved.’ I think to get that instant feedback and to see it on paper, in black and white, is very helpful.
I like the calibration between the judges, hopefully it helps the judging become more consistent and more in line with FIG international judging. The days of inflated scores need to end immediately.

If Winter Cup was anything to go by, inflated scores are long gone! Even nationals last year was far more in line with international judging than we’ve be accustomed to (Jordan Chiles score inflation not withstanding).

That article and the interviews sound like USAG is headed in a good direction. The one on one, instant feedback from judging, intense preparation on artistry plus working with pressure on beam are improvements.

After subdivison 1:
  1. Brazil 150.399
  2. El Salvador 129.133
  3. Jamaica 116.166
Indviduals
  1. Carolyne Pedro BRA 50.567
  2. Julia Soares BRA 50.499
  3. Andreza Lima BRA 48.467
  4. Lynnzee Brown HAI 48.100
  5. Ana Karina Mendez PER 46.901
  6. Annalise Newman-Achee TTO 45.166
  7. Tyesha Mattis JAM 44.800