2023 coaching changes and athlete transfer portal

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Oh wow, didn’t see that coming. I didn’t think she was going to use her COVID year after she graduated. It was originally a no.

ASU hires James Williams as an assistant coach. He was a volunteer assistant at SJSU for the last 5 years.

ASU hires James Williams as an assistant coach. He was a volunteer assistant at SJSU for the last 5 years.
He was a volunteer coach only for 1 year. The previous 4 years he was an actual assistant coach.
He moved down to volunteer coach because he had finished graduate school and was starting a business.

Not surprising that Genovese was named Sac State head coach and I was expecting this decision.
She was associate head coach for a few seasons with Randy Solario so it makes sense she take over now that he has retired.

IIRC, Genovese was also acting head coach when Solario was on medical leave.

Hmmm… Raschilla living OSU.
Wonder if he will end up as Temple head coach or possibly AC at Pitt or Iowa State

Juliette Boyer taking a 5th year at Utah State. She hasn’t competed since the 2021 season, but her UB/FX would be very useful for USU.

Last edited:
MAG coach change

JD Reive replaces Doug Van Everen as head coach.

Ashley Glynn (Temple) to Utah. She has 3 seasons of eligibility left. I imagine they want to put her 1.5 in the vault lineup.

Ashley Glynn (Temple) to Utah. She has 3 seasons of eligibility left. I imagine they want to put her 1.5 in the vault lineup.
Must be a surprise to Temple, they added her to their 2024 roster that they literally just updated a few days ago.

Glynn also can be used on any event and competed all around last year, so definitely has experience.

Makes sense with Nilson leaving for Illinois.

Temple would’ve been aware that she had plans to leave if she was in the transfer portal, no? Maybe it’s just a clerical error. She’s on the Utah roster that was posted today.

Last edited:
Makes sense with Nilson leaving for Illinois.

Temple would’ve been aware that she had plans to leave if she was in the transfer portal, no? Maybe it’s just a clerical error. She’s on the Utah roster that was posted today.
Or they didn’t update Temple roster yet…

I am surprised more gymnasts haven’t transferred (or more are and we don’t know of yet)
Pitt also had a half dozen or so leave, I assume due to the head coach change.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back