2023 coaching changes and athlete transfer portal

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Jade was at Oasis, which I thought the Careys owned. But then Jade and Brian went to Arizona Sunrays for most of her senior elite career, so who knows. Brian’s been in Oregon with Jade for the last 2 years, iirc. He runs clinics at the OSU gym and travels to gyms as a consultant.

Emily Gaskins (who was a grad assistant at Bama this year) gets a full time gig at NC State.

Also according to Greg Marsden, here are all the coaching vacancies + added AC positions due to new rule.

Also missed Alina Cartwright making the move from VC at MSU to AC at Pitt.

Casey Jo assembled quite a formidable staff of former NCAA gymnasts as her coaching team.

Interesting one…

Audrey Guess transferring to UAA after a couple years at LSU, where she was not on their team. Got this from @ncaa.gym.future on IG.

Okay, that is even weirder than Jade’s dad signing up to coach college. Might not be nepo baby stuff, but it sure looks like it…

I mean, LOL. That is just ridiculous. I’m kind of shocked that the school allowed such blatant nepotism to happen. At least Carey was overqualified.

Heavy on the sports in general. Somalia decided to let the niece of the president of the athletics federation take the spot in the 100m at the Universiade. She isn’t a runner and is completely out of shape and posted the slowest run (almost 22 seconds) in the competition’s history.

Last edited:
We’ve seen plenty of delusional people in the news. Some think they are far better at things than they are.

Heavy on the sports in general. Somalia decided to let the niece of the president of the athletics federation take the spot in the 100m at the Universiade. She isn’t a runner and is completely out of shape and posted the slowest run (almost 22 seconds) in the competition’s history.
I need the video of this. How sad.

Thank you for the video @Passion

Yikes.

This is a completely different scenario to when Belgian shot putter Jolien Boumkwo ran the hurdles for injured teammates so that Belgium would not be disqualified.

Last edited:
I can’t, but I’m not so delusional that I could take a spot in a major competition.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back