2022 Dutch Worlds Trials (injury discussion warning at post 26-41)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

These 3 all thought so too 😆 They all tried to help “lean” her away from the bar

At least she’s removed the “front attitude” turn, now they have required no hand support to get credit.

I don’t like the composition of Thorsdottir’s UB and I can’t really explain why other than it looks rather listless.

I don’t why she does the toe 1/1 after the bail instead of before the maloney. Same tenth cv and it’s easier to do at the start.

Perhaps for her it is easier to start the toe-on 360° from a HS rather than trying to connect Maloney from the toe-on 360° - in this video she was very late after the pirouette so connecting a Maloney from that would be more risky.

ugh this thordottirs routine is super bland. There’s nothing remarkable to it, I just watched it and I couldn’t tell you anything about it other than that she does no bhs. Has anybody pulled off a “melodius strings” routine with the amount of elements they have to do nowadays? I feel this only worked back in the time when they didn’t have to do so many little pieces in the routine.

Is it just me or is her dismount insanely close to the bar?!
I love possible decapitations and .5 deductions on Toe 1/1’s after Bails!

The dismount didn’t look so close to get the .3 “too close to apparatus deduction” though. The help desk shows the feet right next to the bar for that. There is strangely no listed .1 deduction for lack of distance on a dismount, but it would be fair to take that.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back