2022 All Russia Spartakiad (Government sponsored competiton/Pro-Government message, NOT FIG or RGF sponsored meet)

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Is any Russian Paris eligible?
FIG is desperate to get Russia back into gymnastics competition.
I fully anticipate that Russians will be allowed to compete at the start of 2023.

I don’t agree with it, but I do think that FIG will fold over because RGF is too powerful of a member.
Additionally, with Nelli Kim being a Vice President and Vasilly Titov on the executive committee, not to mention the several Belarussian and Russian members on the discipline teams, I don’t see FIG excluding them from Olympic qualification.

Amidst the widespread banning of our athletes from international sporting events, the issue of state sponsored doping has rather been forgotten about. But it very much remains, and our participation in Tokyo was already controversial long before Ukraine

Based on my judging here - Listunova would have been 3rd and Melnikova 4th; both ahead of Kinsella and Gadirova.

Listunova counted a fall - if you give it back to her, and have both go 4for4, she would have beaten Shilese for silver.

Last edited:
Listunova counted a fall - if you give it back to her, and have both go 4for4, she would have beaten Shilese for silver.
Yeah, but nobody in the AA final was at their best, except maybe Kinsella.

About Listunova, she’s only done one senior international AA competition. I’d like to think she has the head to hit four events when it counts, but we may not see it ever.

And Doug, Urazova downgraded her vault at an international event of sorts (Belarus) that happened during Worlds. I was glad to see she wanted to walk away from her vaults.

It certainly would have been a more exciting AA competition if the two Russians, Shilese and Konnor, and Andrade and a GBR/ITA girl had been in the top 6 group.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back