Welcome to Gymnaverse

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

In 2000 I found the NBCOlympics forum then looked around on the internet for more. I got on the GGMB fledgling forum and OOBNess around then. I watched the snippet of some of Khorkina’s beam routine multiple times. It was the first video on the internet I had ever seen. I’ve been on various forums under different names, banned from GGMB, etc. I’m Robin L.

Last edited:
I hardly remember any individual users from that board, except for someone named Peridot who had the hots for Blaine Wilson. And Skitch, of course. And Atler’s webmaster’s dad was a member.

If you are the Ricky I remember, are you the one who was a big China 90’s fan? I remember a lot of news coming from a Ricky about Kui Yuanyuan, Ji Liya, etc, back in those days (my fave generation of gymnasts) ❤️❤️

I was MightyMo on the old boards OOBN and GGMB (not to be confused with MightyMouse, another poster back then as well).

Last edited:
I’m so moved that you remember this! Yes, most of the video footage on YouTube from 2000, 2001, and 2002 US Nationals is from my recordings. And I did manage lots of the national team gymnasts’ websites at that time. So glad that the community has continued through the decades 🙂

I was a huge fan of these gymnasts but there was another Ricky, which is why I went by another name. I really enjoyed his takes on that generation of Chinese gymnasts for sure. And wow, MightyMo: so glad to get reunited! I remember interacting with you so much in those years and I’m glad you’re still here.

Yes, I was in OOBNess. That was my first gymnastics board. I was José M at OOBNess, and here as well. I was José-PR at WWGym.

José M.

from PR (Puerto Rico)

I've been feeling homesick for GGMB/Gymscoop and went out to the Googleverse to see if
I could find out where everybody ended up. I signed up for this page a while back, but never really came here until now. If my old friends are here, I think I might have to start coming here a lot.

I've been feeling homesick for GGMB/Gymscoop and went out to the Googleverse to see if
I could find out where everybody ended up. I signed up for this page a while back, but never really came here until now. If my old friends are here, I think I might have to start coming here a lot.

I think you should come here a lot. And if your old friends aren't here... hunt them down and invite them.

Here is a good thread for you too...

I think many people will be feeling that same nostalgia now that it’s an Olympic year

I’ve used flappergirl for ages; definitely oobness, but before too, in a listserve. When my fandom began, gymnastics news was super hard to come by.

Welcome to our Gymnastics Message Board

Members see FEWER ads... so join today

Back