Video of Biles doing an arabian on beam

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

RedBirdie

Staff member
Defender
Reaction score
I have no idea how she got this to her feet, because there is absolutely ZERO height.

Did you all worship Andrea raducan? She seems like she was very good at this to me

I almost wonder if she has learned arabian entries more thoroughly as a result of having to explore twisting technique more, mentally

Yeah I think she was still with Boorman when she was trying the Arabian… I could b wrong

It kind of looks like she just throws herself into the Arabian. I just went to look up Lobaz’s Arabians for comparison (especially when she was known for being so hesitant before the skill) and there’s a marked difference in the set.

I mean, she can do a standing layout. Anyone with that level of talent in their legs can toss themselves backwards and do an arabian.

IMO, unless you’re landing it like Nia Dennis, a solo arabian on its own isn’t really worth doing anymore unless you do it from a BHS. I’ve noticed that we don’t see as many of them anymore as we used to.

How many bhs- Arabians did we see at all? I would have loved for vika to do one, but as it stands? Lobazniuk? That American girl whose name i forget in 2001? Who else?

Vika did BHS LOSO Arabian at one internal Russian meet.

You know, I just saw video of a BHS arabian from a lesser-known gymnast the other day, and I can’t remember for the life of me who it was. There’s a couple out there…

It was Radionova I saw! Thank you! (Not good that I forgot so quickly!)

that American girl whose name i forget in 2001? Who else?
Rachel Tidd… A few other U.S. gymnasts have attempted / competed the back handspring - Arabian series over the years including Alicia Sacramone and Susan Jackson. I think Xiao Tingting (the Chinese gymnast who performed Tkatchev - Gienger, straddled Jaeger, and Comaneci in the same uneven bars routine) also did this combination.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back