Tom Forster resigns

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Did we ever go through everyone by Trials AA placing and hash out whose reasons for skipping worlds we knew?

Not that I know of. Let’s begin!

Simone Biles: tour
Skye Blakely: injured?
Jade Carey: tour
Jordan Chiles: tour
Kayla DiCello: selection camp, made team
Amari Drayton: ?
Kara Eaker: college
Addison Fatta: injured
Shilese Jones: tour
Emily Lee: injured
Sunisa Lee: college, dancing with the stars
Emma Malabuyo: college
Grace McCallum: tour
Riley McCusker: college, fuck Tom
Zoe Miller: ?
Ava Siegfeldt: ?
MyKayla Skinner: tour
Leanne Wong: world selection camp, made team

What did Moceanu ever prove coaching-wise?

Drayton and Siegfeldt passed on the opportunity. Unsure why. Neither have a standout event that would indicate they could make finals on so maybe that was the reasoning? Or they could have decided to end their season with Olympic Trials and gear up for 2022 and the new COP.

Zoe Miller decided to pass and rest up for 2022 (she had nagging slight injuries)

This was an unusual situation for many athletes as in the past an Olympic year would mean that if you didn’t make trials that was the end of the season for you. Same as Trials, if you didn’t make Olympic team or alternate your season was done.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these athletes figured Worlds was a long shot without a stand out event, because let’s be real, we all knew Wong and DiCello were going to be doing AA.
So they might have decided to rest and then readjust and begin planning and training for 2022.

Drayton and Siegfeldt are solid AAers who have the opportunity to be right up in the hunt for top AA spots this year and perhaps they decided to put the focus on 2022 and beyond and work on routines for the new code.
Fatta at least had potential on FX and a booming DTY, that if she had another vault she was training, could have factored into vault finals.

Last edited:
Please don’t make me find the quotes of you saying EmJay Frazier should do AA
Ok… don’t be misquoting me.

I said based on the results and how Tom liked to go with ranking and based on Frazier going 2nd AA above Wong, I had my doubts that Tom would make the right choice and go with Frazier as second AAer given she didn’t have a stand out event.
The right team was Wong, Greaves, McClain, and DiCello. But there was no way Tom was going to leave off Frazier based on her performance.
I thought the team could be Wong UB/FX, McClain BB, Frazier/DiCello AA OR Wong BB/FX, Greaves UB, Frazier/DiCello AA.

But the question asked by @ArnoldRimmer was why didn’t more athletes compete for a spot at World Trials, especially those that went to Olympic Trials.
If the majority of the fans were assuming that there was no crazy disaster or injury, that Wong and DiCello were going to do AA at Worlds then perhaps one of the reasons those lower ranked athletes didn’t make a run for it is because of those two essentially all but locks given the results of the year and going to World Trials as Olympic alternates.

Discussion about the team selection AFTER trials happened isn’t what is in the discussion @Doug1233

Last edited:
I forgot about him not attending the press conference. I think it was for the best. Watching him get in the fetal position and cry during the conference would have been an odd occurrence.

Odd, but it would have been such delicious Schadenfreude.

Last edited:
Yeah I actually think Tom doing that press conference would’ve been one of those things that made everyone who came into contact with it worse on some level.

According to the OC Register, USAG is looking to make Valeri the High Performance Director.

Trigger Warning: The article goes over some accounts of abuse and attempted suicide

Very interesting, given he has a current group of elites. Is this why Anna has taken a more prominent coaching role lately?

Considering he was asked to step down and resigned amongst pressure…the gymnasts want ed him to stay on. I believe that the athletes wanted hm to stay, including Biles.

I thought he quit because his family was getting death threats, not because he was asked to.

Given everything that has occurred in USA Gymnastics over the past years, I think it is absolute madness to even consider someone for this post who has any issue whatever related to abuse. I do not care if some gymnasts like him or wanted him to stay on. From a liability perspective they are asking for trouble and it really makes me question whether they have any judgment whatever.

I agree with you completely. I hate the term “woke mob”, and I was having a hard time coming up with a better description.

I don’t think there’s anyone actually qualified who fulfills the duties of the job and BS around it.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back