The Karolyi Ranch was Sold

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I’m still really confused how the ranch property is under private ownership. I was under the impression that any property within a national forest would remain federally owned & not be sold to private owners.

I appreciate Gaza’s insight. He’s done some recent interviews (one with Dave last year?) where he explains what he witnessed with the Karoliys and how he spoke up. When you trust someone and work closely with someone and they treat gymnasts how they’ve always been treated, it’s sometimes hard to realize how deep the poo is. And it seems like he realized it more and more as time went on.
Maybe he kept working with Bela in order to keep an eye on him? Or because there was little chance of employment elsewhere and he had to continue to support his life here? There’s no indication that Geza treated the gymnasts as the Karoliys did, is there? I’m genuinely wondering.

Do you think that Romanian would ask Bela and Marta to stay and coach again in Romanian?

I would get rid of Tom. Purely because he is awful behind a microphone and seemingly doesn’t have a grip on internal communications within USAG and between USAG and Coaches.

That and because it appears he isn’t taking on FIG level judging input and imparting that to Coaches. He is the fucking head coach of the USA; you simply can’t show up at the Olympics and be surprised at E Scores. Use your leverage and get some input somehow, by hook or by crook.

Last edited:
Yeah, like, what does he even do with his time? Teams have been picked in rank order, his visits to gyms don’t seem to bring changes to routines, he doesn’t even seem to talk to half the gymnasts on the national team…

Last edited:
I would assume that none of the lawsuits against the Karolyis ever went anywhere. Any information out there? i can’t find anything. I wonder if the Karolyis transferred all their money to Romania when they left.

I wonder if the Karolyis transferred all their money to Romania when they left.
They absolutely did. They knew they were never going back. I’ll be blunt, I’m surprised that Bela is still alive, given his health.

It’s ironic, the country they risked everything to leave, ended up becoming their ticket out

Last edited:
They had left behind everything in Romania when the defected including their home, all of their belongings, and wealth.

Now they did the same here and left the US.

Is their daughter still living in the US?

🤣🤣🤣

I don’t know her but I doubt she’d run off to Romania. She’s married and has children.

Last edited:
Were all the accusations quietly buried. What about all the USAG issues with Nassar. All buried and gone now?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back