The Karolyi Ranch was Sold

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

there will be no criminal charges against the Karolyis. Even civil judgments are highly unlikely. I doubt any of this will ever be litigated. It will all be settled and they will not be part of it

Yes, I agree there are extremely unlikely ever to be criminal charges against the Karolyis. I wanted to know whether I was right in thinking you were referring to civil not criminal.

What is the status of the pending civil litigation?

I wonder if their lawyers told them to liquidise their us assets and move them offshore before any judgments came in.

Can a plaintiff put a lock on a defendants assets pending a hearing?

What is the status of the pending civil litigation?
I honestly have not followed it much. As far as i know Manly et al are focused on settlements from USAG and Michigan State.

I genuinely thought you could do this!

What’s to stop any civil defendant from simply using delay tactics to push a lawsuit back, sell all their assets in the jurisdiction, and leave and never look back?

Its a little complicated. But for the most part a court can not freeze assets in a civil case brought by a private plaintiff brought for $$ damages.

A freeze order! That’s what I was thinking of!

You can get one to cover costs right? If you’re a defendant?

BTW, I just heard that MyKayla Skinner was suing you for defamation and has had all of your U.S. assets frozen so you do not transfer them to foreign banks and then abscond to the U.K. See why its so hard to do??

Haha

Yes yes I get it. I thought it would at least be an initial ruling based on the merits but I guess you can’t really do anything merit based that soon in the litigation.

I guess Marta has her millions then!! Waltzed off into the Romanian sunset

guess Marta has her millions then!! Waltzed off into the Romanian sunset
Yea, but not because they could not freeze assets pre-judgment. There was no real case against the Karolyis. The major defendants are MSU, USAG, Nassar, Geddert.

Reactions: Dex
Did she have any duty of care? Was she a mandatory reporter?

I’m not saying she should have liability. Just covering the bases.

Did she have any duty of care? Was she a mandatory reporter?
Of course she had a duty of care and you can not report what you did not know.

There is no evidence the Karolyis knew what Nassar was doing.

This stuff goes on all the time right under the noses of people with a duty of care and a mandate to report. Look, there was never any real case against them. When you are John manly and you have litigation this explosive you just serve everyone. But the real targets were MSU and USAG. Geddert because he very likely knew and probably did criminal and civilly actionable things himself.

If the Karolyis knew Nassar was in the girls’ rooms without another adult present, they may have some liability there. But beyond that it does seem rather hard to proove.

Per Geza Pozsar, Bela does have dementia. He was also a witness to the Karolyis beating, and starving their athletes back in Romania (in addition to being an informant to the Securitate).

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back