The China women gymnastics team of Beijing 2008 is truly “magnificent six” of China. Do you agree?

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

What about Zhang Nan? Or Liu xuan? I also remember loving Bai Chunyue back in the day but she never made it to an Olympics.

Last edited:
Mo Huilan was certainly a huge part of both teams. She was the best gymnast in the world in 1995 and should have been able to win AA easily and medal on all 4 events, except of course the inconsistency that you mention. The biggest disappointment of that quad for me, even though she did manage to win a world EF title and win major medals on bars and vault. She was one stumble on a back 2 1/2 on floor in '95 EF away from the coveted "major medal on every event" cohort that we discussed a few weeks ago.
Still my all time favorite Chinese gymnast.

What about Zhang Nan? Or Liu xuan? I also remember loving Bai Chunyue back in the day but she never made it to an Olympics.
I liked Bai too but the American commentators suggested the coaches disliked her. I've also always had a soft spot for Deng Linlin. I loved how clean and consistent she was. I felt like her gymnastics was over looked because she was on a team of giants.

She did indeed.

Not a bad one either. If she'd been able to do it at the Olympics, I think China would've been uncatchable. With just one Amanar and 2 DTYs, there's still a theoretical US argument if they'd been healthier. JYY in full flow puts that to bed.

She did indeed.

Not a bad one either. If she'd been able to do it at the Olympics, I think China would've been uncatchable. With just one Amanar and 2 DTYs, there's still a theoretical US argument if they'd been healthier. JYY in full flow puts that to bed.

She really as strong as Deng Linlin

She got silver in individual all around at world championship 2010. (Cheng Fei didn’t qualify in all around because she don’t compete at UB in qualifications)

Last edited:
She really as strong as Deng Linlin

She got silver in individual all around at world championship 2010. (Cheng Fei didn’t qualify in all around because she don’t compete at UB in qualifications)
Cheng Fei didn't compete at 2010 Worlds.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back