Suni on DWTS

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

So aside from the befuddlement of Suni somehow doing DWTS during her freshman year at Auburn, who do you guys think will be her pro partner? My money’s on either Sasha, Val, or Alan.

Sadly though, I don’t think she’s going to win. I think the odds are stacked firmly in JoJo Siwa’s favor, given that she has a dance background to begin with and that she’ll be getting LGBT+ awesome points for being paired with a female pro.

I understood she will dance with a female pro dancer?
No, Jojo Siwa from Dance Moms (I haven’t the faintest idea of anything I just typed) will have the female pro pairing.

Since Suni just won Tokyo and gymnasts generally do pretty well, I imagine she’ll get one of the better pros and stick around at least for a few eps, if not breezed through to the semifinals. Cosmo/Variety say you get $125,000 just for signing up and make more for each ep you film after week 3, up to $295,000: https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a29458544/dancing-with-the-stars-cast-salary/

Seems like a pretty easy cash cow, and she has the dance elements to phone in NCAA beam and floor as needed. She can do whatever she wants on bars and likely has little business vaulting in the regular season anyway.

Last edited:
This Twitter thread

has me 👁️ Skinner is not a great dancer.

Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

No. MyKayla shows evidence of understanding that music has a beat and she can time choreography to hit some of those beats. She also doesn’t look bored throughout her performance which puts her safely in the top half of the US Olympic team. Her choreography isn’t an inspired work of art but she is much, much better than Raisman.

Last edited:
When I am assessing a floor routine in my head, I always think what would this gymnast say if I asked her so, tell me about your floor routine

Skinner’s a fine dancer for FX. Not the most expressive movement but she sells it the best she can. She generally has complexity in her choreo. She’s definitely a little stiff tho. This routine from 2014 was good–the lil roll after the Silivas is nice
Yes, Skinner is more body shape and specific apparatus deductions than she is artistry. Her posture and extension/internal amplitude are poor, but she can give you some kind of energy and engage the audience somehow.

I’d still take 2 tenths or so, but it’s not like Carey or even some GAGE routines where you’re up in the 0.4+ range for just artistry because they’re clearly failing to avoid the deductions, even though Armine is feeling her fantasy round-the-clock and thinks all her routines are fabulous.

Last edited:

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back