Stars Gymnastics no long USAG senior training site

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

RedBirdie

Staff member
Defender
Reaction score
So, that's interesting. Junior camps will be at a different Stars location, and no site for seniors.

Isn't that Dan Baker's gym?

My immediate thought was "was he fired?" but I would assume not if he's still letting the juniors train at his other location. Maybe something went wrong with the building itself? I am just full of guesses and no info lol.

The next National Team camp is/was scheduled for September 6-9.

And aren't the juniors and senior camps usually held together? They only sometimes have juniors by themselves, usually only around when the seniors would be at Worlds/Olympics.

I could see the post-Olympic camp being a break for seniors, who were just pushing to peak at Trials/Olympics in a more intense way than the juniors peaking for Championships back in early June

Literally every thing for the rest of the year was scheduled to be at that gym in Katy.

Katy.png

Interesting. I wonder why? Perhaps USAG finally secured the new National Training Center? I know they were working on that.

I don't think that would be ready this fast. That was something they were going to be building from scratch. They still haven't even announced a location for the land.

I'm expecting plenty of updates and announcements as they build that because it makes them look good that they're doing something positive for the Women's team. It's not something they would keep as a surprise, they'll promote the hell out of it. Last update IIRC was they were hoping to have it ready before LA lol.

Plus the juniors would be training there too.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back