Senior National Team Camp

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

MAGfan

Defender
The men are heading to Colorado Springs for camp. They will be picking the Pan Am team from this group. Only 10 are trying for this 5 person team.

Who do you think will make the team from this group?
  • Jeremy Bischoff, Santa Clarita, Calif./Stanford University*
  • Taylor Burkhart, Morrison, Colo./Standford University*
  • Vitaliy Guimaraes, Norman, Okla./University of Oklahoma*
  • Riley Loos, El Dorado Hills, Calif./Stanford University*
  • Brody Malone, Belfast, Tenn./Stanford University*
  • Yul Moldauer, Wellington, Colo./5280 Gymnastics*
  • Curran Phillips, Naperville, Ill./Stanford University*
  • Colt Walker, Cedar Park, Texas/Stanford University*
  • Shane Wiskus, Minneapolis, Minn./U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Training Center*
  • Khoi Young, Bowie, Md./Stanford University*

It really is anyone’s chance as they are all decent all arounders but a few do have a weak event.
I think it will come down to consistency. Moldauer and Malone are clear favorites but if they have one disaster event it’'ll drop them down considerably.

It’s interesting how the national team has become a few top gymnasts and Standford (who are also top gymnasts) to the point where you could almost just take Standford. Of course I would consider and likely take the other few, but it is a point of interest to me. At a glance, Yul, Shane, Vitaliy (if he can repeat Winter Cup), Brody, and Riley.
Edit to note- I have not tried to balance this by event at all. More AA and frankly I just like Riley’s gymnastics.

Last edited:
It does make sense to send some of the newer athletes to get experience.
They just need to ensure they are in the top 4 to qualify to Worlds. Which they would likely be able to do so barring any extenuating circumstances.

They finished 2nd last year with a comfortable margin.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back