Roberson Scores Domestic vs. International

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

I think Roberson’s front aerial was okay, but I wonder why she has not stuck to the layout mount. In the video @gymfan posted, it looks good.

This gymnast should do ONE split position in her exercise to fulfill the requirements, and not a single one more. She’s only losing points every time she tries to split her legs, including straddle.
My guess is they removed it because she was wildly inconsistent with it.

Agreed that she should only do one split. All the CV in the world cannot make up for the deductions she should incur with having four different split elements.

I would be extremely unsurprised if they work a full-in dismount in the future.

This year has felt like a starting year to me for working her skill and routine selection.

She said in the interview that the simple mount allowed her to calm down and hit the routine. I think

double turn, switch leap + wolf jump, straight jump full

would be a good option. D score is around 5.9 - 6.1, depending on whether she wants to milk cv from a DBB series.

DTY: Most of you were complaining because you can’t do math and thought she got a 9+ E-score. She got 8.6 on a vault that has plenty of height and rotation, minimal pikedown. They definitely penalized her fairly for the errors
Lol, OK. I was keeping track of many different routines/scores in the arena and posted the 14.125 because it was the second score shown. Saw it out of the corner of my eye, thought it might be pertinent info depending on what the broadcast or live scores were featuring. Later corrected myself remembering that USAG always posts the average, and, yes, that scores wouldn’t end in 0.25 or 0.75 increments with four judges and two counting scores.

But 8.6 is probably fine for the DTY, and in line with international scores. The Cairo vault at 8.9+ is better but not dramatically.

USAG was nice enough to provide the individual judge breakdown for those performing two vaults (page 5):

Last edited:
@MRR Thank you so much for sharing from the arena and sharing this PDF. I didn’t know it was out there.

No problem. Wish we had individual breakdowns of all the routines.

Interesting, Joscelyn had a 0.4 range on both vaults:

Cheng 9.3 9.0 8.9 9.1
DTY 8.8 8.5 8.7 8.4

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Back