Random vid thread

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Back tuck-BHS swingdown probably fulfilled the requirement (I can’t remember the specifics of that code off the top of my head). She was going for front aerial-back tuck-BHS swingdown, but broke the connection.

thank you… I was wondering that myself… they were so weird with judging at that worlds

Reactions: L_R
She was pre-channeling the Russian ef bb style routine

Lol don’t let the armchair brevet crowd dim your enthusiasm, it’s totally OK to be fuckin’ psyched to see a layout full on beam, even if * shudder * the gymnast’s feet are flexed. 😉

Here she is at podium training for Euros, featuring her gnarly beam tumbling:

Agreed, but only if the Ezhova is held to the diarrhea standard we currently see, which doesn’t involve any flipping: simply do a half turn in straddle with a flexed foot or two. A proper Ezhova is difficult and requires so much precision and great timing

Last edited:
There are a few people who do the Ezhova correctly, it’s still easier IMO. The body naturally wants to keep turning and swinging after these 1/2 turn releases, since they are not actually caught fully backwards and are still turning when caught. That motion leads itself directly into an Ezhova. It’s super challenging to instead go straight back and catch in a total handstand, when you don’t have a good swing to prepare and when you are grappling with the force of the catch you just did.

I forgot to put Liu Xuan’s 2000 routine in my original post so here it is

would she get credit these days for the half turn? I mean, not that I give a rat’s ass, that routine is awesome, but you know, just in the spirit of discussing and commenting

I don’t think it would get credit as shown above. That being said, her hips are so far above the bar when she’s done rotating the Jaeger that I believe she could’ve initiated the half turn sooner to get credit for this code. Piked Jaeger 1/2 should definitely be an F if Li Ya is an E, yeah? I hope the WTC wouldn’t muck this up

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. I was watching the Classic broadcast the other day and noting that her bars are solidly decent at this point. Nice to see the direct comparison!

I could forgive poor form on the harder elements, but she can’t even do the more basic ones nicely.

It’s just Mykayla Skinner, but with spaghetti

Being Italian American I find this comment upsetting. This is similar to saying a Chinese gymnast is like Mykayla Skinner but with rice.

Talk Gymnastics With Us!

Join Today... Members See FEWER Ads

Upcoming events

Back